JBA swaybar Disconnects Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJam2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to install the JBA sway bar disconnects in the front, but we are running into an issue. When i install them and then turn the wheel they hit at the esp and break line. Anyone have the same issue. If these are installed wrong can someone tel me how is the correct way? If you have a pdf of the install id appreciate it.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Backwards I think, I have a picture of them installed somewhere but can't find it right now and been too long since I installed any I forget ! Old age ya know.....LOL ;)

JJam2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ended up installing them on my jeep and am using them. the issue was there was a stub that was holding the abs wire and hitting the disconnect when turning. I relocated the cable and saw off the tab and works fine.

AZExploder

Reaction score
so - you just let the bar float? It seems it should be linked to the frame or tied to something.

JJam2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i misunderstood you. The front sway bar is linked by the JBA sway bar quick disconnects now that i solved the issue i was having with the jba disconnects. the rear sway bar i deleted.

AZExploder

Reaction score
Let me rephrase - When you have disconnected the links .... Offroad crawling ONLY .... and have removed them from the swaybar, it seems the sway bar would just float there until something hits it. I fear it will smack something important that I would not want to loose on a trail.

In 'Bert's case - there is the lower control arm below, and the steering strut above.

Most of the "real" systems actually use the link to connect the sway bar UP to the frame or wheel well to keep it out of the way. In the case below - they attach the link to the frame with nothing important around.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert's swaybar sandwiched between LCA and the steering: ..

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online