JBA Adjust-a-Strut Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linewarbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been active on LOST for a couple years, and decided to double-dip a little over here. :cool:

I am about to install a lift on my CRD, and came across Jeepin By Al's option - which I didn't know about, since most everyone is running a Frankenlift. Does anybody else have any feedback on this kit? I talked to Diggerfreek, who says the on-road ride is wonderful, but hasn't really tested it off road. Could this really be worth the price premium over the Frankie?

Here is a link to Marlin's lift: http://www.jeepinbyal.com/Jeep-Liberty-Lift-Kit-KJ.aspx

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh S#it!

Uh..... Dave,HJ..You guys must be slipping on the background checks.

This guy is TROUBLE.

getout.gif

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh S#it!

Uh..... Dave,HJ..You guys must be slipping on the background checks.

This guy is TROUBLE.

getout.gif

HJ did it......I was getting a dos equis and......:D

Welcome linewarbr. Is your jeep black?:D

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's just a green CRD sport...so it's no where near the coolness levels of a Limited. :D

jk, (welcome)

linewarbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trouble? Lol!! The only trouble I cause is taking up page space because I am so long-winded!!

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all.

And yes, I am a Wings fan, but more of a Saints and LSU Tigers fan. Drew Brees/ Les Miles for President/ VP in 2012!! Nick Lidstrom for Secretary of Defensemen. . . .

As far as the lift goes, I went ahead and ordered it. He now has one specific for the CRD, with beefier coil springs on the front. I should have it by next Friday, June 4th, with an install party planned the following day. Marlin told me that this will be a breeze to install - we'll see how that goes. I will take before/ after pics and post here and on LOST.

linewarbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found some KK owners on LOST that have it. Diggerfreek has a 4" Adjust-a-Strut lift, and "DirtyKK" has one, not sure of the height. I'm going with 2.5", because I'm not ready to go with custom CV's on my CRD - yet.

Have not actually conversed with another KJ owner that has the lift on their rig. Marlin sent me some testimonial from "Steve" who has the lift on his CRD, and "Nathan" (Digger) who has it on his KK.

Is there a "Steve", CRD owner here on JKJ? Was kinda hoping he'd pipe up in this thread.

linewarbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We still on for the 5th?
Ever heard from Mac yet?

AFAIK we're on. Haven't heard from mac, but I think he was out this weekend anyway. Hopefully he'll pipe up on Tuesday. As far as I know, the only wild card is whether Marlin can get me the kit by the fourth. He had everything in stock; my Skyjacker rear coils have already shipped and should be at my house by Wednesday. Barring anything crazy in shipping, we're on.