JBA 4inch lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ry, how are you and Tom getting over 4" with the Frankenlift? Im not sure where I sit as of now. I will need to take measurements, but I have not done anything special. Just the strut plates, OME coils, and 3 ring clevis. I am actually glad mine finally settled. When I added the clevis lift my coils started to hit the UCA

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a regular Frankenlift per se
I have the frankenlift front parts minus the springs they use
Due to the extra weight I have I have the franky parts along with OME 790 springs and thats all no clevis/no top plate etc
and no its not a good idea to run it without extra weight on the front end due to 500 lb springs
Plus mines torn down monthly LOL!!!

AdamP

Reaction score
So the saga continues. I finally received my replacement rear shocks and they are a million times better.

I took the Jeep back to have it aligned according to the following instructions:

1.Unload all the bushings in the front suspension. Loosen sway bar links and re-torque. Same with upper control arms following the instruction manual for their instillation

2.Set camber (front oval bolt) to as close to -0.4 degrees as possible (no more then -0.4)

3.Swing Caster back as far as possible. It will max out around 2.5-3.5degrees in the red (Calm the tec down as this is okay)

4.Set toe to spec

5.Make adjustments to cross-caster to bring it within .5dregees

6.Check toe

The tech said he did it but couldn't get it any better then the following:

You must be registered for see images attach

This still seems off to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Adam

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take it somewhere else. He isn't listening to you. He didn't move the camber at all. I'd get your money back too. Take it somewhere else and when they get it right take it back and show Gerry.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he practically did nothing. Unless they have another guy, go somewhere else.

Ry might be able to recall where he gets his aligned since your in the same city.

Last edited:

AdamP

Reaction score
The guy said that the camber was as far as it could go without making changes to the bolt hole in the body of the vehicle.

I will find a different place and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks,

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hes still got you at positve camber, hes just not listening. or is unfamiliar with negative numbers as he doesn't have fingers for that.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
he practically did nothing. Unless they have another guy, go somewhere else.

Ry might be able to recall where he gets his aligned since your in the same city.

I'd just take it to Columbia Chrysler and have their shop do the alignment.
Ok it's $150.00, ours was done right the first time and that was with 4+ inches of actual lift.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just take it to Columbia Chrysler and have their shop do the alignment.
Ok it's $150.00, ours was done right the first time and that was with 4+ inches of actual lift.

Thats because it takes a little longer to do it correctly its like doing it twice to get it right so the shop manager wants to charge double the price but well worth it if you want it right. Take the info from this site with you but most will not need it because a lot of lifted jeeps come in to the dealer ship for work. I did a lift for a girlfriend of mine and after 4 shops Goodyear included they said its so bad it must of been in an accident. I called the shop manager at the local dealer as I cant bring outside vehicles in to my shop. She droped it off and by noon it was done. But like Ry
said almost double the price. Funny thing is I've done other libertys and had them take it to Bell and they did it correctly for no exta. All depends whos doing it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should not take any longer than a stock unlifted
the small local shop I take mine to takes about 45 minutes and that included the first time after I lifted it
just have to know what they are doing
Places charge double due to people thinking its a huge deal to align one

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Tommud but just stating how it was at the dealer and like I said other times no big deal. I called the tech at the dealer and he said he had to set the toe twice cause it was so bad off and due to shop policy Humm. But I will say it was done correctly in the end and she was happy to get it done and didn't have to run around any more to get it right.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay 130 ish where i am and its not cuz its lifted. Welcome to Canada.

I have one tech at dodge that does a good job, first alignment guy didn't have a clue and the service manager put their better guy on it after 4 hours and said he'll know better for next time.

AdamP

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys! I can't thank you all enough.

I finally took my Jeep to the Chrysler dealer that Ry' N Jen recommended. Unfortunately they had increased their prices and now charge a hefty $160 + taxes for an alignment.

What is good is that they followed the instructions you guys provided and now my Jeep drives much like it did before it was lifted.

Here are my new alignment specs:

You must be registered for see images attach

JBA ended up replacing my shocks (though I had to pay shipping) and the ride is much improved. I am still horrified that they would sell shocks to people like the ones I got originally. I suggest anyone getting this kit save themselves the haste and upgrade to the better shocks.

Now to get new tires. I am guessing the fact that it is a diesel will have no impact on the need to re-gear before going too much larger?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WHY would you not need to regear since its a diesel ??
ANY engine when installing larger tires needs to be regeared
every engine has a sweet spot where it runs best, take it out of that RPM range and you've got a dog

Members online

No members online now.