Jammed 6-disk player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powers978

Reaction score
6 disk player in my '05 liberty limited with sat radio jammed again. last time it managed to fix itself, this time the thing just keeps churning. disks in 3,4, and 5 slot still remain. anyone ever try to dismantle the player before? any luck? will i destroy the player if i even try?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, ok, to try and be a bit productive. Ive never heard of anyone taking the thing apart. Maybe someone else will chime in that knows a bit more about the changers.

Have you tried cycling the power to the thing(unplugging it for a few)? Prolly wont help but just a thought.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Taking it apart, and putting it back together should be relatively easy. Just make sure everything goes back where it came from. I have taken apart radios before, no big deal. The difference here is the mechanics of the changer. You can at least take it apart and see what's doin' in there; this all short of bashing it with a sledge.

If you have any mechanical and electronics skills, it would not be a problem.

Powers978

Reaction score
nice, well i will give it a whirl and let you know how it goes. ill try to snap a few photos along the way. wish me luck