It finally happened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
The jeep started just fine, drove into town got caught in traffic, after a few red lights, went to take off and it stuttered at take off with a light acceleration, hitting it to 2500 rpm cured it, stopped at a store, came out and it was like it was missing. Got back to the campground and decided that the fuel filter was plugging, just for grins pulled the heater plug, and it's leaking or should say the plug was wet.
Any way checked the forum search, is this a recall or do we pay for it?:D

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was not recalled - there was a Troubleshooting bulletin - if you're under warranty -the TSB will tell them to replace the head. Although - I have extended warranty - the deductible is $100 and it'll take them 2 days to diagnose it, order parts/fix it.
- if you check Mopar Parts America - the head, new wires & shipping were ~$120 - and it takes about 15 minutes to install - if your time is worth anything - your way ahead doing it yourself.
Separator 68043089AA
Connector 68043086AA
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=381162#p381162

and someone said the new wires are purple/green? - just match sizes to the hot/ground

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the jeep out yesterday, did some running around. Since it's going in today to have the fuel filter head changed, plugged the orm back in and cleared the codes for the cel light. Started it up and it runs fine in traffic now?
This doesn't make any sense to me, if it was sucking air through the heater plug, clearing the codes shouldn't make any difference, I wish now I'd checked to see which codes were in there. Anybody got an idea why & how come?:confused:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Took the jeep out yesterday, did some running around. Since it's going in today to have the fuel filter head changed, plugged the orm back in and cleared the codes for the cel light. Started it up and it runs fine in traffic now?
This doesn't make any sense to me, if it was sucking air through the heater plug, clearing the codes shouldn't make any difference, I wish now I'd checked to see which codes were in there. Anybody got an idea why & how come?:confused:

Would of left the codes so the dealer could see the problem,IMO. :D

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have warranty, and didn't want the dealer here seeing that I'd done the orm, the dealer in Cali all ready chewed on me for the EHM, I am causing smog, global warming, higher than normal tides, influx of illegal aliens, you get what I mean, The orm is back on line though.:D:D

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I still have warranty, and didn't want the dealer here seeing that I'd done the orm, the dealer in Cali all ready chewed on me for the EHM, I am causing smog, global warming, higher than normal tides, influx of illegal aliens, you get what I mean, The orm is back on line though.:D:D

Now I know who to blame idea.gif :rolleyes: