Is this normal..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Photos are a bit blurry & small, so it's hard to tell if I'm seeing the right stuff. If it is at the top of the ball joint's dust cover, it could be a lubricant they used when pressing the ball joints in to the knuckle. Check the boot though, it's really easy to pinch it & tear a hole into it when installing

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Photos are a bit blurry & small, so it's hard to tell if I'm seeing the right stuff. If it is at the top of the ball joint's dust cover, it could be a lubricant they used when pressing the ball joints in to the knuckle. Check the boot though, it's really easy to pinch it & tear a hole into it when installing

Sorry about the pictures. I thought you weren't supposed to use a lubricant when pressing the ball joints. I'll check the boots tomorrow and see if I can get a better picture.

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey whats up guys if you check my profile you will see i am a jeep tech lol.
but first when did you have the bj's done
it is under a recall warranty so if you think they are leaking bring it back in. if the boots are ripping or torn they are overed again, execpt f you do a lot of muddin so if you do completely wash your jeep from all mud.
but from the pics they look fine. we do use a lubricant on them but it is just a product like pb blaster or your house hold wd40 which stinks lol