ipod interface question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knotwerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently got a slightly used ipod interface off ebay.... its a Metra Crip-01... normally goes for 150 i got it for 35....anyway... it was simple to plug in...and the sound is great... i set it up for 4 playlists... but the first one has 750 songs... and trying to find a song in the middle... is ANNOYING to say the least.... is there anyway to skip ahead.. holding the seek doesnt work...

also there was two wires i left un connected... i assumed i was supposed to

any pointers would help... thanks

Mike

Libertee

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that particular interface, however I recently installed a different one in my Liberty for my RB1 Navigation unit. I have full control of my iPod Touch via the Touch's screen and can select songs using the list on the iPod- as opposed to selecting from the RB1.

Here is a link to the one I bought on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USA-SPEC-PA11-CHR-CHRYSLER-DODGE-JEEP-IPOD-INTERFACE_W0QQitemZ280194766480QQihZ018QQcategoryZ38636QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if you have this same option, but this makes it nice for quickly getting to a particular song.

Patrick

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently got a slightly used ipod interface off ebay.... its a Metra Crip-01... normally goes for 150 i got it for 35....anyway... it was simple to plug in...and the sound is great... i set it up for 4 playlists... but the first one has 750 songs... and trying to find a song in the middle... is ANNOYING to say the least.... is there anyway to skip ahead.. holding the seek doesnt work...

also there was two wires i left un connected... i assumed i was supposed to

any pointers would help... thanks

Mike

I was gonna buy that...

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats odd i have both a 30gb ipod and an iphone they both work fine. When i plug in the phone it tells me i need to put the phone in airplane mode once enabled i can use all the features until yesterday i thought it would go to my voicemail but it muted and rang and i was able to unplug it and answer the call. The name brand on the interface is gromin i think?