IPOD Integration Kit (brands)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cidar

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for an ipod integration kit, but not necessary mopar due budget, can anyone give me the brands/experience whit some other vendors ?

Cidar

yodejt02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest an Alpine head unit that is Ipod compatible. Then all you will need is one wire that goes from the back of the unit to connect to the Ipod. When I ordered mine I got the Ipod connector cable and install stuff for free!

With the Alpine unit the interface on the head unit works just like the Ipod and it charges the ipod while its attached to the cable. I have had this set-up in a BMW and now my Jeep and love it. i can stick the ipod in the glovebox and its out of site from prying eyes in the parking lot.

:D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the vote for a different headunit. I went with this one.
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG] It charges my iPod when it is connected. I have the wire run into my center console.:cool:

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got one from crutchfield called USA spec. it works with the stock stereo very well BUT it costs 140......

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, get yourself an aftermarket unit c/w iPod compatibility.
Shop around for features. I too bought a Kenwood that has iPod compatibility plus an Aux input jack and can play MP3 from a USB stick or CDROM. And the best feature is a remote control :)

My Kenwood is capable of Bluetooth & satellite radio however those features weren't included and cost extra :mad:

To get an aftermarket radio to fit in the Libby dash you'll need some stuff from Crutchfield. i.e.: console adapter, wiring harness adapter and antenna adapter. Most cost from $10 to $20. You'll appreciate the upgrade, I know I have.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, get yourself an aftermarket unit c/w iPod compatibility.
Shop around for features. I too bought a Kenwood that has iPod compatibility plus an Aux input jack and can play MP3 from a USB stick or CDROM. And the best feature is a remote control :)

My Kenwood is capable of Bluetooth & satellite radio however those features weren't included and cost extra :mad:

To get an aftermarket radio to fit in the Libby dash you'll need some stuff from Crutchfield. i.e.: console adapter, wiring harness adapter and antenna adapter. Most cost from $10 to $20. You'll appreciate the upgrade, I know I have.

Exactly where I bought my stuff from.

cidar

Reaction score
thanks for the recommendations

@kboonekj: does the "USA spec" device work whit the titles and artist displayed on the radio, it works whit the playlist too ? what radio model you have ?

Cidar