instrument panel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobKlinky

Reaction score
Hi everybody. My 04 Limited was originally a Canadian vehicle now residing here in the USA. I would like to swap in a new (junkyard) instrument panel so that US standard units would be the primary and the metric units would be secondary on the speedometer.
My questions are:
1. Would the odometer now use miles?
2. What would happen to my current odometer reading? Would I need to have the computer re-calibrated/replaced also?
3. Would the speedometer need to be adjusted?
Anybody do this before?
Thanks

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
odometer has to be calibrated to the reflected miles the ECM has otherwise the vehicle will shut down. a dealership can change the country code on the ecm from CAN to US in order to switch the system from using kilometers to miles , both steps necessary to switch over to a new US standard unit cluster , and to have the odo show mi rather than km

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
55, 70, 90, 105, 115kph it's not that bad :p
tbh, for the cost of doing all that, i'd probably superglue a 50 dollar garmin to the dash and leave it on the speedo function and permanently wire it in

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer wants 100 bucks to reprogram my speedometer for the different size tires.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some dealers are dbags about it, some will do it for free to attempt to earn your business, and some will do just about anything for ya off the books if you bring them a few large pizzas lol