installer near brooklyn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supercraig1

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm new here and am trying to learn about lift kits etc. If were to get a very basic lift done to accommodate new T/A tires, where could I get that kit installed near Brooklyn, NY? Anyone have any shops they recommend? I don't mind doing some things myself, but not having experience with this and not having a lift or jacks etc makes me think I'd prefer to just have it done by someone who can install and do alignment as well.

-Craig

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonna be pricey.. cheaper to buy a jack, stands and such. went to tire choice originally when i first got just a spacer lift. they wanted $400

hota_e

Reaction score
There's a few of us guys/gals in NYC and LI that have done a few lifts on KJs and a KK. Supply the beer, pizza and the parts and throw a lift party. Then get an alignment afterwards. Cheaper and you can meet some like minded jeepers. The majority of us hang over in the other Liberty forum in the NE section. Come say HI.
Jeff

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we got a few of us here, but non of us actually did a lift by ourselves, living in NY and all... You would have more luck finding someone cheaper up north, pass westchester county. Dave might be able to recommend if he knows any shops there, otherwise not many options other than local shops.

Jeff, what part of Astoria are you in? I am in Sunnyside.

hota_e

Reaction score
Looks like we got a few of us here, but non of us actually did a lift by ourselves, living in NY and all... You would have more luck finding someone cheaper up north, pass westchester county. Dave might be able to recommend if he knows any shops there, otherwise not many options other than local shops.

Jeff, what part of Astoria are you in? I am in Sunnyside.
I'm over by the Triboro Bridge and the GCP. I've lived over in Sunnyside for a stint as well.
I've been lucky enough to have been part of 3 lift parties and have taken my own KJ apart a few times recently, so there are few of us who have the know how. Collectively we have the tools and jacks, stands to do the job. Like I've said in my above post, the lift parties are a fun social event, wrenching and b.s.ing about Jeeps and lifting another Libby.
Most shops in the NY metro will chanrge between $400-$600 for the lift alone, plus an alignment fee. I'd say, get the necessary parts for the lift, post up a date on a lift party and those that are interested in learning can come help out. The liftee supplies the refreshment and food, a place to do the wrenching would be a help too. But I'm sure you too have limited space in BK to be wrenching in (I know I do in Astoria).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brooklyn is a bit more spacious than queens :) He might have space after all depending on which part he is located.
I am sure there are cheaper installers in Long Island, too. Honestly, I would have gotten lifted if my garage wasn't so darn low. (space restrictions strikes back!)

Last edited:

infernicus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the most Super of the Craigs, Like "Jeff" said, tell us when and where to be, and we will be glad to help out a fellow Jeeper.

And to "HOTA" . Nice to meet you. I like your jeep in your avatar, neat looking.

hota_e

Reaction score
To the most Super of the Craigs, Like "Jeff" said, tell us when and where to be, and we will be glad to help out a fellow Jeeper.

And to "HOTA" . Nice to meet you. I like your jeep in your avatar, neat looking.

Hey Infernicus! It be me LI_KJ and that's an ol pic of my unlifted KJ with rooftop bike! Sweet!

supercraig1

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice guys!! You sound like a great bunch. I love that about forums (I've met a boatload of great people on the motorcycle forum I belong to as well!)

So the wife and I have been really thinking it's time to pull the trigger. I've been debating between the Frankenlift and the Rusty's. It seem like the Frankenlift is the way to go, but the cost of Rustys could afford a set of Jeepinbyal UCAs and disconnects.

I'd totally be down with throwing a party and meeting people. I don't have garage space though. I would have courtyard space to do this in, but I'm thinking about the end of January to do it. Gonna have to try to wrangle some garage space somewhere (and a space heater LOL)

LI_KJ

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice guys!! You sound like a great bunch. I love that about forums (I've met a boatload of great people on the motorcycle forum I belong to as well!)

So the wife and I have been really thinking it's time to pull the trigger. I've been debating between the Frankenlift and the Rusty's. It seem like the Frankenlift is the way to go, but the cost of Rustys could afford a set of Jeepinbyal UCAs and disconnects.

I'd totally be down with throwing a party and meeting people. I don't have garage space though. I would have courtyard space to do this in, but I'm thinking about the end of January to do it. Gonna have to try to wrangle some garage space somewhere (and a space heater LOL)

Stay away from the Rusty lift. You will soon see your Jeep settling out to stock height again. The Franky is a good lift and worth the money. Do it right the first time. You can also get some OME shocks and coils, some spacers up front, and isolaters for the rear and get a decent lift. A few of the NE guys did this and it looks great!
I'd be down for a lift party in Jan, but the garage is gonna be a tough one. We've been wanting to install a few sets of sliders, but the garage space is the only thing holding us back. Sitting in the driveway all day in the cold is not much fun, even with a space heater!:whymewhyme:
Jeff