installed an EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a EVIC from a 2004 GC, and like expected the temp. doesnt work. Are the temp sensors different on the GC then on the Liberty? If so if i got a GC temp sensor would the temp display on the EVIC work??

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you had a successful project!

I'm not sure if sensor is the same or not, but it doesnt really matter -- the change in model years is within the Body Control Module itself. The way the car communicates the temperature across the wire to the evic changed, so it wont work.

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I think, since u have an 04, that the temp sensor may already be there.... I think starting in 04 they put em in regardless of whether or not you have an evic.

carterdea

Reaction score
Where can I get an EVIC? And are they easy to install? I have an 05 renegade

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous to 04, the temp sensor was used by the BCM and was just there for the Evic, so was not installed unless Evic was.
In 04 the temp sensor is installed in every KJ and the signal sent to the ECM for some sort of engine control. therefore you need an Evic from an 04 or newer KJ to read the signal from the ECM instead of the BCM.
04 Grand Cherokees didn't have this change and still look for the signal from the BCM.
I'm not sure but I think the GCs changed over in 05.