Inside front tire wear, scalloping. Bilstein HD rears on order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepcrdliberty

Reaction score
Just ordered Bilstein rears in yellow HD. My question is if I want to lift jeep run 30x9.50 15 will these shocks be ok? Plan on ordering new front Struts looking at Gabriels,sensens or what ever you think I should. Bilstein fronts are option. My CRD has 140k on clock and tows 3500 trailer. Rear axle has movement right now when stopped letting off brake you can feel it and hear. Ordered up new A arm and those rear shockies. Am I good for future with stock ride height using Bilstiens shocks all around. May or may not lift just not sure right now as plan was sell this jeep and get new truck. Jeep was stored four years got insurance paid and licensed she back on road.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ordered Bilstein rears in yellow HD. My question is if I want to lift jeep run 30x9.50 15 will these shocks be ok? Plan on ordering new front Struts looking at Gabriels,sensens or what ever you think I should. Bilstein fronts are option. My CRD has 140k on clock and tows 3500 trailer. Rear axle has movement right now when stopped letting off brake you can feel it and hear. Ordered up new A arm and those rear shockies. Am I good for future with stock ride height using Bilstiens shocks all around. May or may not lift just not sure right now as plan was sell this jeep and get new truck. Jeep was stored four years got insurance paid and licensed she back on road.

CRD plus 140,000 miles you need more than shocks all around.
Springs and shocks need replacing.
If only doing shocks then they will wear out faster than normal since the springs are now weak, so will bounce more.
With the CRD you also want to use a good heavy duty shock in front, not a cheap Gabriel etc. At the very least use Bilsteins and OME would be even better
So in the end new springs and shocks all around, then good alignment and new tires

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD plus 140,000 miles you need more than shocks all around.
Springs and shocks need replacing.
If only doing shocks then they will wear out faster than normal since the springs are now weak, so will bounce more.
With the CRD you also want to use a good heavy duty shock in front, not a cheap Gabriel etc. At the very least use Bilsteins and OME would be even better
So in the end new springs and shocks all around, then good alignment and new tires
^^Listen to this, your rig will nickle and dime you to death and have you chasing your tail replacing parts. It's like putting brand new pads on but all your calipers are sticking.

Do it once right and be done. You'll save yourself a ton of time and money in the long run I can promise you that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk