Infant Child Seat Size...parents experience needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the rear seats and bolt it down?:smokin:

But seriously, many cars dont even have a center seatbelt, so she really needs to get over being resistant to using the side.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you and your wife are that tall, your baby will hit the 20 lbs. mark long before he/she is 2 years old - don't worry about it. Then just swap into a front-facing seat and all will be well. The way the carseat laws read, it's either 2 years old OR 20lbs. - whichever comes first. Your baby and you won't be uncomfortable for very long. Good luck!!

Daughter is almost 2, but only 24 pound sstill. Very tall and thin. Our situation has changed some, based on lots of research we are doing extended rear facing (basically as long as she can fit). So we probalby have until she is 3-3.5 before we put her front facing.

As an update for those interested. A Britax Boulevard car seat will fit rear facing in the KJ in the center position without requiring a ton of front seat movement. Our original carseat (the Chicco Keyfit 30) also did quite well, but we replaced it when my daughter was around 15 months as she was too tall.

It doens't matter now, as the car seat is basically in our 11 WK2 full time and I drive the KJ.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indiaz, can we get an update from you?
Also have a baby on the way and it would be great if I can hear from other KJ owners with baby seats. What was the one you originally bought?

Sorry I hadn't been on this forum in a long time. I hope you noticed my post where I mentioned we ended up with a Keyfit 30. If not, I assume you found something that worked for you =)

rkkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use a graco booster. We had a graco car seat, but the gf is about 5'5" so we just move her up a little. As for placement, I put him on the passengers side for a few reasons. (1) While driving (especially alone) I have easy access and visibility. (2) You're not loading them in with your butt hanging out into traffic. (3) He's now old enough to get himself in and out, and I feel it's safer on the passengers side.