Inc's Jeep Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
If everything goes according to plan. My jeep will be ready by next week and on Friday Oct. 2nd and I will be running the Rubicon.

I plan and hope on getting a run in before the Con so I can be sure everything is squared away. It will be just a short but fairly difficuly trail run the night I get the jeep back on the same trail that dented my passenger side door this spring. So hopefully by the weekend after this one, there will be trail pics of my jeep wheeling and not just sitting on a forklift.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Very nice, looking forward to the pics as well!

Thanks.

I picked up the front and rear drivelines today. Headed down tomorrow to the shop. SYE and brakes are finalized tomorrow. Then exhaust on Wednesday, gears on Thursday. Done...ish

Then I need to fab the belly skid and I want to make some rear bumper changes. Not sure if I'll make the Rubicon this weekend like I planned though. :mad:

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Everything got pushed back another day.

I was down at the shop today. The guy doing my build has the flu but they are still going to finish their part of the jeep tomorrow. Then Thursday it is getting towed to exhaust and then Friday the rear gears go in. I still need some skids made up though and can't do those until the exhaust is done.

The AA SYE kit I bought was a pain as well. I talked to several people that said it was perfect and the thing still didn't just bolt right in. The fluid pump gear ring out of my 231 was way too small and the spline count was off so it didn't fit over the new output shaft. So I had to scramble to find one locally, but luckily the guys that did my drivelines, had one in stock that was perfect.

I finished wiring the lights today which was kind of a mini nightmare. Apparently the wire colors don't mean anything on the lights I bought or on the jeep. The stock turn signals/running lights are 3 wire and so were the lights I bought. Red Black and White. Match them up easy enough right? Or they could connect in a totally random and annoying way that took me forever to figure out. It was like white to black, red to white, red to black or something ******** and they are different on each side of the jeep, but they work now. They still blink fast unless they are on in hazard mode, but the speed doesn't bug me. I may buy an LED flash plug to fix it, but doubt it.

I installed the seat covers I bought off of a member on LOST and they are going work out great. The extra cargo pockets on the back, sides and a few other places will be nice to store more gear. I also painted the rear gas skid black and installed the rear shocks.

Jeep is so close to done...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you Inc on the idea of running a marine deep cycle. If you can find one with near or equivalent CCA's, then why wouldn't someone want to run deep cycle?

Inc

Free
Reaction score
I'm with you Inc on the idea of running a marine deep cycle. If you can find one with near or equivalent CCA's, then why wouldn't someone want to run deep cycle?

Since the lady I talked to at Optima said the Yellow and Blue are virtually identical except the extra posts, I went with the most CCA for my budget and the Blue beat the Yellow by quite a few CCA. If you plan on running any extra lights or winch or anything that is going to suck juice, get a deep cycle. Or get a deep cycle anyway and have the extra piece of mind of knowing you can run it down a lot more than a regular battery and not kill it.

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What parts did you use to change your antenna over and use it for radio/CB combo? Thanks and keep up the good work...

Inc

Free
Reaction score
What parts did you use to change your antenna over and use it for radio/CB combo? Thanks and keep up the good work...

I bought a new HD ball mount:
You must be registered for see images

a 3' Firestik antenna:

a 10' coax cable:

and finally a CB & AM/FM splitter:

Works awesome.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Thank you very much, great little setup.

Yeah, no problem. I have been extremely pleased with how it works. Really easy install and I have been able to talk across the city on my CB with this setup so it works great.

I forgot to add that I have a spring on there as well so the antenna doesn't snap when hitting trees off road.

Stainless steel CB spring, HD spring rating so it doesn't flap wildly on the freeway like a medium duty one does.

You must be registered for see images attach

Inc

Free
Reaction score
I like that CB & AM/FM splitter. That is exactly what I'm looking for.
Now I'll just have to try and find one of those while Jen and I are in
Washington State in November for the car show.

Shouldn't be too hard to find hopefully, but my local radio equipment stores are a joke, so I just bought mine online. Hope it works out and you can grab one.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
I needed a decal to show off the builder of all the hard work behind the jeep so I had this made up:

One on the rear window or one on each side of the rear windows?????

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed a decal to show off the builder of all the hard work behind the jeep so I had this made up:

One on the rear window or one on each side of the rear windows?????

I'd put one on each rear side window.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or maybe a license plate frame....and a front plate...if your state doesn't require one...

Inc

Free
Reaction score
I am leaning to just one on the rear window. My rig isn't a sponsored A.S.F. build or anything, and I don't get any special deals on fabrication from this guy so I think 2 on the sides may be a bit much, not sure yet.

As for the front plate idea. It believe a front plate is required in NV, but in the year or more that I have been driving the jeep without the front plate I have never been stopped. I don't want a front plate at all on my jeep.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditch that crappy 3ft antenna and put on a 102" stainless whip on that HD Ball Mount, you can get a gutter clip and curve it back to the rear passenger side door, that would look cool.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This may sound odd, but I wish front plates were required here.

Latest posts

Members online