Impromto recue mission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Was down at the creek walking the dog,leaving the road runs beside the creek aways. See a Rodeo down in this big mud hole,3 boys looking at it. Thinking I might see some bogging,turn around and pull down to where the ruts start(we talking 44" Bogger ruts here),well heck if the fellow driving hadn't just followed them on back 80ft or so to the real hole,think front tires out of sight,doors can't be opened,but not a speck of mud on the Rodeo. They say help is coming,I offer to winch them out,do so.Get the fellow back on terra firma.Take a closer look and see he is on 235/70/15s mounted on 8" wheel about 6-7in of backspace-Tuner wheels and tires,they didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting through,even if he took the right line!! Asked me if I could make it,told him I had been through there bunchs but I don't run down in the ruts. He thanked me for pulling him out,said he had never seen a Jeep like mine(only 150 around here). Doubt he learned anything,I had fun.Bet he thinks it is tore up when he gets on the road,lota mud up in that front end.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was down at the creek walking the dog,leaving the road runs beside the creek aways. See a Rodeo down in this big mud hole,3 boys looking at it. Thinking I might see some bogging,turn around and pull down to where the ruts start(we talking 44" Bogger ruts here),well heck if the fellow driving hadn't just followed them on back 80ft or so to the real hole,think front tires out of sight,doors can't be opened,but not a speck of mud on the Rodeo. They say help is coming,I offer to winch them out,do so.Get the fellow back on terra firma.Take a closer look and see he is on 235/70/15s mounted on 8" wheel about 6-7in of backspace-Tuner wheels and tires,they didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting through,even if he took the right line!! Asked me if I could make it,told him I had been through there bunchs but I don't run down in the ruts. He thanked me for pulling him out,said he had never seen a Jeep like mine(only 150 around here). Doubt he learned anything,I had fun.Bet he thinks it is tore up when he gets on the road,lota mud up in that front end.

gotta love it
at the old house we had some power lines that had some ruts under them
they ran for maybe 3/4 mile or more between 2 roads
more than once I was pulling moms 4wd SUV out at 7:00 am
I am an early bird and they were still stuck from the night before
best ever was when the came walking up to me when I was mowing the lawn
I drove up to find local PD on site
told me that I could help but they were still getting a $250 fine either way
I asked if I would be fined
cops said "no because we want to see a Jeep pull out a full size Tahoe"

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It is always a good day when the Jeep comes out victorious!
Sure wish someone got a few photos.
Sure puts perspective on situations like that.