Important recalls...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar87

Reaction score
I took my KJ in 2018 for the LCA and Tow Hitch, they did the LCAs but only "inspected" the fuel tank area and deemed that a tow hitch was not necessary and marked the recall as completed. Ended up installing the hitch myself.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I took my KJ in 2018 for the LCA and Tow Hitch, they did the LCAs but only "inspected" the fuel tank area and deemed that a tow hitch was not necessary and marked the recall as completed. Ended up installing the hitch myself.
All were to get a hitch no matter what

Mopar87

Reaction score
All were to get a hitch no matter what
I agree. But the recall states "dealer personnel will inspect the fuel tank area and will install a tow hitch if necessary" I guess they deemed it unnecessary.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had installed a hitch many years ago and took it to my dealership when notified of the recall. They said I was good as was and I asked for money that I had spent on mine. Dealership refused but I called my local TV News Station Consumer Reporter and she had Chrysler headquarters send me a check.
Well played.