i'm lookig at an 05 crd "new"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qdog

Reaction score
before i buy this liberty should all of the tsb's have been done or should i ask about these? what else do you recommend i ask before i pull the trigger. he wants to sell it to me for around 22K. i think i can get him down alittle more. thanks for the help.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a Sport or a Limited? Not such a good price on a Sport '05 I am thinking. Demand the TSB's, particularly the transmission flash and the transmission filters (2).

qdog

Reaction score
yes, a sport. i was thinking a litlle high. what price should i go back with?

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you go to the Jeep site and then the "search inventory" option, find your dealer and the specific unit and print ou the sticker. Then go to the NADA site or one of the other price guide sites and find out dealer invoice. Finally go back to the Jeep site and check out what incentives are available. I got my Limited for about $700 under dealer invoice plus about $5K in incentives off that when I bought.

The problem you might have right now is that Jeep will not make a CRD in 2007 so folks who have been holding off will be trying to get what's left.

qdog

Reaction score
thanks for the help with the new forum. i was glancing around and got a little scared at the problems floating around with the crd. should i be talked out of the crd or what.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
qdog said:
thanks for the help with the new forum. i was glancing around and got a little scared at the problems floating around with the crd. should i be talked out of the crd or what.

I don't think so. The only real problem is the transmission and that is correctable and under warranty. It also is not a Jeep probelm but a MOPAR problem.

I love my Liberty, it is a hoot to drive and I am getting about 22 MPG mixed road (65%) city (35%) now that is it broken in. I think I would top out at about 30-32 on a day long freeway run. It also will pull twice the capacity of other manufactures and goes anywhere. You would have the advantage of being able to walk in with the TSB's and making the upgrades a condition of the sale. It is really just the most recent firmware and the transmission filters.

There have been some ball joint issues in all Liberty's too but watch them carefully and get them replaced under warranty. There is not a vehicle out there that doesn't get TSB's on it by the way. I drove a '96 Taurus 200K miles with virtually nothing done on it and it had enough TSB's to paper a small bedroom that I never had done. The Internet just makes them more visable and gets folks lathered up more.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a CRD, but my Liberty has been problem free after almost two years. I'm very pleased with it, and I love to drive it. Just last Saturday it got a new coat of RejeX, and leather and inside cleaned... looks like it's brand new. I hate the thought of getting rid of it (not anytime soon!) as someone is going to get a very nice Jeep!

Anyway, talk them down some more and drive it away. (biggrin)

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is a pretty good price for a CRD. Here in pa when I got my liberty (September 05) they wouldnt go any cheaper then $24,873 for a crd sport with the c package and a tow package. Sticker was 26 and some change. That was 100 under dealer invoice, he showed me the invoice sheet. I ended u, purchasing a 3.7 model because they gave me , in incentives and it cost before tax and tags. I would have much preferred the crd, but I had an intended amount of money I wanted to spend. If I could have got a crd for 22, that would be sitting in my garage right now instead of the 3.7. Ask that all the TSB's are completed, and then drive it home and enjoy. Ours has been nothing but good, just a few minor issues, and it works very well in the snow.

Good luck.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sticker on my Sport was 25,900 but I bought it for 18,700, don't buy the we cant go any lower crap, there are tons of holdbacks on new cars that don't show on invoice pricing