I'm back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to just fall off the face of the earth like I did...just had a very busy few months. Got married, got a new job...got new tires, finally! Life's changes are settling down...so back to Jeep stuff.

Ended up going with General Grabber AT2's 245/70r16's. Just couldn't justify the extra money for Duratracs and didn't want to have to deal with possibly making 245/75's fit. Really happy with the grabbers so far...like the aggressive tread, and definitely notice a huge increase in traction/stability. The new tires and an alignment also took care of my wheel shake.

Bought my wife an XJ from a dude off craigslist. The first day we registered it, the brand new brakes he did siezed...didn't check the calipers when he did them...radiator blew up on us as well. Come to find out it had been in accident, rad was pushed in but still holding. Had to straighten the brackets to get a new one in. Couldn't see it until the radiator was out. Got that all straightened out, and the next day it won't start at all...I had been having problems with the neutral safety switch since we got it...had to move the shifter, or put it in neutral to start. Ripped that out this past weekend and tried to clean it, but it was in such bad shape it was beyond repair. New NSS for it came yesterday $220!! Put that in last night and now she's running like a champ. Hopefully that's all it needs for now. new hubs, brake lines, and serpintine belt are on the list, but they should be alright until at least this fall.

So, now I have two ongoing Jeep projects!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how the new tires are ranked in the same list with a new job and getting married :laughing1:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
... and if they were Duratracs they would have been listed first ... :happy175:

just kiddin' ya Heckt!

P.S. Need XJ pics!

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get some pics of the XJ up soon. It's not much to look at...completely stock, and not 4x4 :whymewhyme:
so, it will most likely stay completely stock...don't see much point in modding a 2wd cherokee. My wife is basically using it just to get around town and back and forth to work.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get some pics of the XJ up soon. It's not much to look at...completely stock, and not 4x4 :whymewhyme:
so, it will most likely stay completely stock...don't see much point in modding a 2wd cherokee. My wife is basically using it just to get around town and back and forth to work.

In my opinion that's ALMOST a waste. I just think something more fuel efficient would do the job. Unless you really needed the space and the price was right!

They're reliable too which is a plus. I just think that maybe there could have been a better buy out there, ya know? Not that I don't like XJs. I love them! I just think that the 4x4 is about half the reason to purchase it.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion that's ALMOST a waste. I just think something more fuel efficient would do the job. Unless you really needed the space and the price was right!

They're reliable too which is a plus. I just think that maybe there could have been a better buy out there, ya know? Not that I don't like XJs. I love them! I just think that the 4x4 is about half the reason to purchase it.

yea, we picked it up because she needed something right away, got it for like$1000 less than book value...although we pretty much put that much back into it almost immediately. My wife doesn't like cars...she's always driven trucks and is used to being higher up. And I love the 4.0 engine...so, it seemed like a good choice even without 4x4, but I think we're going to be looking for something different for her this fall.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, we picked it up because she needed something right away, got it for like$1000 less than book value...although we pretty much put that much back into it almost immediately. My wife doesn't like cars...she's always driven trucks and is used to being higher up. And I love the 4.0 engine...so, it seemed like a good choice even without 4x4, but I think we're going to be looking for something different for her this fall.

Understood. I must agree that the 4.0 engine is always a decent choice.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. I must agree that the 4.0 engine is always a decent choice.

If only there was a way to take that 4.0L out and drop it in my KJ...there's not right!? From the research I've done, it looks like it just wont fit, too long of an engine. It's a beautiful dream though...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only there was a way to take that 4.0L out and drop it in my KJ...there's not right!? From the research I've done, it looks like it just wont fit, too long of an engine. It's a beautiful dream though...

With enough fabbing anything is possible...? I like the engine but I like me 3.7L too. I ride the hell out of the thing. It's now got 101k on it with no issues...knock on wood...

Though I remember you had some engine agony a little while back. Did you buy the Jeep used?