Idle Air control valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be very difficult to move the plunger by hand. If it is very easy to move by hand, it is failed internally.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Some idle air motors can be cleaned and will work again. First unplug the wiring harness connector. You may have to use the flat head screwdriver to pry open the snaps. The idle air will have either screws or bolts holding it in. There are usually only two. Using the proper tool, unscrew the idle air from the block.

Do not get cleaner on any of the electrical parts of the motor. You may not be able to get the idle air motor perfectly clean, but that is all right. Dry the idle air motor off good before re-installing it into your car.

You will know if it is working or not. Remove your intake hose from the intake plenum, and you will hear it pulling air in loudly. I can hear mine, perfectly clear. IT closes once the engine reaches operating temp, it is not longer needed 100% to rely on at idle. My throttle body has a SEPARATE intake sliver on the bottom of it, totally separate from the throttle plate area.

If not cleanable, then replace it...