I'd Buy One!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Several.

The Geo Storm

The Fiero had the front suspension of the Chevette, whose front suspension was shared with an Isuzu car...the I-mark?

In Australia, the Isuzu Trooper was known as the Holden Jackaroo

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Why is that sad? It's more sad that Isuzu was forced to supply GM with stuff because of their contracts together, and a proud, potentially powerful company that built (builds) great products was allowed to fizzle and die in the US.

However, they live on.

The Colorado/Canyon/H3 platform is largely Isuzu sourced. No BS

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Why is that sad? It's more sad that Isuzu was forced to supply GM with stuff because of their contracts together, and a proud, potentially powerful company that built (builds) great products was allowed to fizzle and die in the US.

However, they live on.

Yes, I know that as well!

So much for American Automobiles!

That's what's sad!

Reaction score
Yes, I know that as well!

So much for American Automobiles!

That's what's sad!

the american companies undercut them selves. i dont feel bad for them having to make cut backs maybe they wont be so ******** this time. the tahoe and suburban/escalade escalade esv/ yukon yukon denali. all the same thing with a different grill and different rims. jeep is the only original one. and barely at that. back on topic now, i didnt noticed the pic difference until someone mentioned it. i would rather have a gladiator type jeep with a truck bed in back.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

However, they live on.

Heh. I got into one of those stupid internet-arguments with the local forum idiot about the Isuzu/Chevy trucks one day. He was bragging about his truck, and I said enjoy your Isuzu. :) He didn't like that very much. So then I told him to google "ISZ190". That didn't work either. So I showed him pics of the JDM Isuzu Truck. "Just because they look similar doesn't mean they are."

Yeah buddy. Again, like I said, enjoy your Isuzu. :)

Not even saying it's a BAD truck by any means. Heck I love it (OK, so I love the V8 Colorado with the nice big tires on it).

... about the only thing GM did with the ISZ190 program was adapt it to their use.

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

matthewp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andynator, I love what you did with photoshop!

If it was a real choice though, why wouldn't you just by a Wrangler if you wanted a 2 door?

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andynator, I love what you did with photoshop!

If it was a real choice though, why wouldn't you just by a Wrangler if you wanted a 2 door?

Not easy "wrangling" the young 'uns into the back, with the car seats and all. Heck, I can barely crawl into the back seat of a Wrangler.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some of you are smoking crack. It doesn't look anything like any suv's mentioned here - especially the Bronco.

I'm not sure how much success Jeep had with the 2 door Cherokee (the real Cherokee, not the foreign Libby), but the 2 door was my favorite. I actually looked for one before I bought this KJ but couldn't find one that was cherry and stock. My point is, I wonder how successful Jeep would have been had they built these.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think some of you are smoking crack. It doesn't look anything like any suv's mentioned here - especially the Bronco.

I'm not sure how much success Jeep had with the 2 door Cherokee (the real Cherokee, not the foreign Libby), but the 2 door was my favorite. I actually looked for one before I bought this KJ but couldn't find one that was cherry and stock. My point is, I wonder how successful Jeep would have been had they built these.

I don't see any connection to a Bronco, but to the S10 Blazer 2 door, I can relate....

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any connection to a Bronco, but to the S10 Blazer 2 door, I can relate....

I can't see that either? Depending on year I guess? The S-10 Blazer's I always liked (ZR2 model) had great lines, especially the swept fastback look of the rear side windows.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't see that either? Depending on year I guess? The S-10 Blazer's I always liked (ZR2 model) had great lines, especially the swept fastback look of the rear side windows.

The earlier gen.

I had a 92 4 Door Blazer, a 95 Black Jimmy, and a 96 Jimmy in Cherry red. All were 4 door and 4x4s. Nice rigs.:)

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score

More the overall impression rather than styling cues.

The IH Scout was definitely a slab-sided bathtub; but the first-gen Broncos sat upright with lots of glass area and a tall seating position, much like the KJ.

I'd like to wish that a 2-door KJ would have sold reasonably well, but perhaps not enough to justify the additional tooling. But honestly, there's nothing to gain with a 2-door KJ. If it used the same wheelbase as the 4-door, there'd be no gain in cargo space, unless you eliminate the back seat. Do that, and you've alienated 95% of your potential buyers. Shorter wheelbase, and you're down that much more cargo area. Plus increased your "tippy" tendancies.

I'm not certain if the 2DR/4DR Cherokee shared a common wheelbase.

My suspicion is that 2-door Cherokee sales fell off so far in the later years that it was only briefly considered.

It's just fun to look at.

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it looked a little like the 1985 s10 blazer one of my friends back in high school had

You must be registered for see images attach