I need Ideas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of sinking some money into my 03 Renny and I need Ideas on what to do and some pics of some badass Liberty's. I have seen many stock or close to stock Liberty's on the site that look good but I'm looking for the pics of really well modded one to help me out. Here is a pic of how my stock Renegade looks now. I have removed the steps already. I want to build a really nice rig.

Attachments

• jeep ss 006.jpg
    jeep ss 006.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 27

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of sinking some money into my 03 Renny and I need Ideas on what to do and some pics of some badass Liberty's. I have seen many stock or close to stock Liberty's on the site that look good but I'm looking for the pics of really well modded one to help me out. Here is a pic of how my stock Renegade looks now. I have removed the steps already. I want to build a really nice rig.

depending on how much money you have this is what I would do
#1) full skids ,make sure you have at least 4
#2) GOOD quality lift ,OME/Rancho
#3) some M/T's ,245/75 16's on OE wheels
#4) Locker/LSD ,I would/am going to go Detroit locker rear and a True Track front and 4.10's in both
#5&6) either go with a bumper or some kind of OBA ,I would go with a quality CO2 set up over a bumper
#7) winch

again that list will set you back an easy $4-$5K

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the steps? Are you willing to sell? Being a short guy I am looking to remove my rock rails and install some steps. I would love factory so if you can shoot me a price if you are willing or thinking of selling. Thanks.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the steps? Are you willing to sell? Being a short guy I am looking to remove my rock rails and install some steps. I would love factory so if you can shoot me a price if you are willing or thinking of selling. Thanks.

please dont take this the wrong way I am only being light hearted
man you must be really short
my mother in law can get in and out of our lifted KJ with no steps
she is under 5' tall ,a little heavy and has 2 bad hips
and she can get in the back seat at that

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so much as really short, but my work boots have scuffed the hell out of my, I dunno what to call them, rocker panels?? (the area right above my rock rails) Not to mention I have a very independent 4yo who tries to get in and out of the back. I do not see any serious off roading in my future so the steps would be more benificial.

Attachments

• rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so much as really short, but my work boots have scuffed the hell out of my, I dunno what to call them, rocker panels?? (the area right above my rock rails) Not to mention I have a very independent 4yo who tries to get in and out of the back. I do not see any serious off roading in my future so the steps would be more benificial.

I hear the kid thing
got a 2 year old
she loves "daddys Jeep" problem is she can almost walk under it
it is a lifted and locked TJ
she wants to climb in by her self ,I put her up and the rear flair and let her do the rest
we ,she and I, roll all the time with no top and no doors

dlancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I still have the steps and might be willing to sell them or maybe trade you for the rock rails. If you don't want to trade then let me give some thought on a price for the steps.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score

This would be beneficial trade straight across for both of you. He gets the steps he needs, you get rock rails to further your off road capabilities.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It would be a good trade....

For a nice KJ, look no further than JJ'sKJ ot tjkj's KJ.;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I think a BLACK KJ should look like ;):rolleyes::cool::D

mines on the right in the first picture thats 03CDKJs on the left with Sundance bumper, soft 8s and a Frankenlift

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This is what I think a BLACK KJ should look like ;):rolleyes::cool::D

mines on the right in the first picture thats 03CDKJs on the left with Sundance bumper, soft 8s and a Frankenlift

First time I ever a pic of your Kilimenjaro (sorry about the spelling), but SHARP.....:D

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be up for the trade. I messaged Mr Dlancer but now I have a question for all who are more knowledgeable than I (everyone). Do the steps and rock rails use the same mounting holes? I guess I shoulda asked this prior to offering to purchase them from him. But I would imagine they would use the same.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would be up for the trade. I messaged Mr Dlancer but now I have a question for all who are more knowledgeable than I (everyone). Do the steps and rock rails use the same mounting holes? I guess I shoulda asked this prior to offering to purchase them from him. But I would imagine they would use the same.

I'm not sure....but more than likely they would...