I have one speaker left!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup thats right im down the 2nd row left door speaker, i have 04 liberty limited so should i get a foam kit or just pay the money for new speakers. im usually at a level of 20 for volume but every now n then i will max it

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With you having a limited, you may have the premium speakers. (The front door speakers would have a black amp box attach to them. ) Those amps also control the dash tweeters and rear speakers. To install aftermarket speakers you would have to do some wire spicing to remove use of the amps or purchase the correct factory speakers to put them in. Some people have left the amps in the doors and installed AF's and everything worked okay for them but when I tried that on my wife's KJ the speakers sounded like crap since the factory setup uses a 2ohms system and most AF head units and speakers use 4ohm.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go to crutchfield.com great site, great customer service, and you'll definitely find what your looking for. I use them for all my audio needs. Since you've got a limited just like previously stated you more then likely do have the premium sound system but not guaranteed. I've got an '03 sport with the premium sound system in it.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bypassed the amp problem altogether by replacing the wiring at the same time as the speakers.
I lost my tweeters in the process, but an inexpensive amp could easily fix that problem.