I got rear-ended yesterday...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By a BICYCLE!!

I was stopped at a red light and this guy must have really been cruising. He was coming down between the lanes of traffic and ran right smack into my swing gate hard enough for me to hear + feel it from the drivers seat. Dented the gate and broke the taillight.

He was ok, pretty shaken up. I got his info, but even my insurance agent wasn't sure how to handle this. I guess it's a collision, and since he was biking in the road he's required to follow the same rules as if he were in a car. Except the one about mandatory liability insurance.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget about the guy! ](*,) What about the Jeep?? I take it it's coming off your insurance. Glad he's ok but seriously who does that?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since they will treat it like a collision, plan for your insurance to go upity up up when you put a claim in.......... \:D/

Unless you have cool insurance!!!

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I was on my way to the insurance company at the time, I asked them about it when I got there. They said I was definitely not "at fault" so as a result, it's not going to make my insurance go up. I have the information from the other guy, but I'd prefer to let the insurance company chase him down rather than go after him with a lawyer (since I logically should first contact him and just ask for the money, rather than assuming he won't pay).

But in any case, it's gonna be expensive, since I need to pay the $1000 collision deductable before I see any money from the insurance company.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a collision but a comprehensive loss since he was not driving a motor vehicle and he hit you. Check your policy and comprehensive ded which should be a lot less than $1,000.

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry

Sorry bud to hear of this. Any pix of the KJ?

How the hell can he not see you... Was the guy on crack or what?

What if he says you hit him backing up or something? 8-[ 8-[