I get this "rumbling" sound sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know when you hit the rumble strips on the side of the interstate? Not as bad as that, but the same concept. I get that sometimes driving the jeep. On the road. I don't get it on the same patches of road in my car, and I see nothing on the road surface to justify the sound. Is there a potential bearing issue or am I being paranoid? Perhaps it's just because of the type of tire and suspension on a 4 wheeler as opposed to a sport coupe?

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible bearing or could be the issue I'm having the inner axle shaft on the RF of the vehicle. Jack up the front end, spin each wheel and see if you can get a rumble from the bearings, push in on the tops of the tires and see if the bearings are loose also. Get your hand on the RF CV axle and see if there's movement, if there's movement the inner axle will need replacement also.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also check your exhaust. I had what I thought was a rear diff grind when in fact it was a cracked tail pipe that would make this gawd awful noise at certain RPM's. It would resonate and vibrate while I was making a turn. I checked underneath and found the tailpipe was hanging by a thread, so I ripped it off along with the most rear-ward hanger. It's a lot better for me now but still get a rumble due to the fact(I hope )that I have not got around to fixing it properly yet.The muffler is still unsupported. Anyway It's an easy check for you.Hope you figure it out and it's an easy and cheap fix.

Bert

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.