Ticking sound as I drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riddick

Reaction score
For a while I have noticed a ticking sound coming from the tyres as I am driving. If I go faster the faster the tick comes.
It is much easier to hear on roads that have a real smooth surface.
I took it to a tyre place close to home and he told me to turn the steering wheel to the right.
There it was about 2 inches on the inside of the tyre was bald, the tread had been worn off and the other side he said the tread was feathering.

I booked it in at the mechanic's for this morning and I am hoping that it is an easy fix.
Either way it will be repaired as this little 07 Jeep is going to be n the road for a long time to come.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Classic bad alignment (could be tie rod ends, but that's aMIckey Mouse job & not worth paying someone to fix) so most expensive part will be the new tyre.

Ticking (or, more accurately, clicking) is early warning of CVJ failure - but could just be stone, or something, lodged in the tread of a tyre.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.