I couldn't think of a cheecky title

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely look into getting it repaired and keeping it as your winter/bad weather vehicle, especially if it is still running like a champ. Great to hear she came out with no injuries.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incredible! It says volumes about the structural integrity of the KJ and probably most modern jeeps. I've gotten rid of a couple of cars I could see the kids wanting to drive someday because they'd be no good in a crash.

When I was still a young driver there was a relatively nice day where I hit a patch of black ice and went off the road, almost had it back but it still slid into the ditch.
the old xj with some rocking 1st and reverse in 4 low pulled itself out.
Part of the problem were my tires, starving kid with no money to buy winter tires.

Glad your daughter is doing good after this, odd as it may sound it'll be a good experience for her, to have made it through a unimaginably scary event and kept it together and now knows it's just a moment that will pass.

Smart kid too, Young me would still be trying to dig the jeep out and get home. :)

Sadly when it comes to insurance adjusters they take in to account all kinds of stuff besides the obvious damage, suspension damage, if the Engine broke off the mounts, if the drivetrain is intact and correct. depending on who is doing it they may be looking to total it out. If that's what they want to do they'll find a shop to give them the estimate needed to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your alright. From what i've seen down there in the last week on way to fargo your jeep is far from the first to end up that way.

Passed 8 cars off road from fargo to Grand forks on the 29th.( 1hour drive). was worst on the 27th when the storm was over.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Now the middle of Jan, is there any news on your KJ regarding estimate or repairable yet?

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the middle of Jan, is there any news on your KJ regarding estimate or repairable yet?

Yes they did write it off. It is now gone and will not be coming back "Home". I was bought! After a little negotiating and their second offer I walked off with a few hundred less than what I paid for it. I would have never been able to sell it for what I got if I had kept it. I was able to keep the Mamba wheels with the Duratracs, my seat covers and I grabbed the decent battery. I already sold some KJ stuff here locally, still working on selling the wheels and seat covers. At the moment I am not looking for another KJ, however I did like the vehicle, and may consider another in the future. So with that my friends, and I do consider you all to be that, regardless of what you think of me, and who I pissed off:mwah1: I do say take care! I may check in from time to time, but my minimal participation will be even less. I truly believe that this is the best forum, and I have been on a few(not many, but a few). Most here are very helpful, and a limited few are the most patient individuals I have encountered, answering the same questions over and over again. There is very little Drama here (good thing) and any that has come up in the last two years, I probably had a hand in it.:happy175:

Safe Jeeping, Stay Safe and take care.

Bert

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish the Jeep would have been repairable.
Just because the Jeep is gone Bert, does not mean you cant say hello every once in a while! Don't be a stranger!
I am glad you were able to get some of the parts of and sell them separately, and they settled things fairly!
Are you getting another vehicle? If so what are you considering?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! But yes, come back from from time to time and especially if you get another Jeep!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck bert, Nice meeting you.

Personally if the type of platform suits your needs I'd buy another with your cash.

I still miss mine.

Members online

No members online now.