Howdy from Texas y'all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EcoRenegade

Reaction score
Hey I'm EcoRenegade from the North Texas area. I purchased a 2005 libby reny back in 2009 with 35k on the dial. It now has 115k and counting. My goals are to increase gas mileage to 40+mpg without compromising the functionality of the Jeep. I make it look good and on the cheap! Tutorials are my strong point so get ready to dust off some of the old ones on here for an eco-mod version. I like the trails but most of my time is spent on highway road trips. Looking forward to the journey and all of the comments.

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm EcoRenegade from the North Texas area. I purchased a 2005 libby reny back in 2009 with 35k on the dial. It now has 115k and counting. My goals are to increase gas mileage to 40+mpg without compromising the functionality of the Jeep. I make it look good and on the cheap! Tutorials are my strong point so get ready to dust off some of the old ones on here for an eco-mod version. I like the trails but most of my time is spent on highway road trips. Looking forward to the journey and all of the comments.

:happy175::happy175::happy175::mexsmoke::mexsmoke::mexsmoke:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, but 40mpg is a pipe dream unfortunately.

Dave

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Liberty Texas!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

EcoRenegade

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, but 40mpg is a pipe dream unfortunately.

Dave

Thank you for the welcome. Last winter I made 30mpg on a 500 mile road trip across central Texas. It was a mix of highway and city. Anyone that has travelled down IH-35 in the daytime knows about the parking lot style traffic around the bigger cities. At the time I was testing this type of mod on the Jeep as a proof of concept. All I used for this was duct tape over 3 of the grill holes with no other changes to the stock setup. The grill is just one of the many areas that can use some smoothing out to improve aerodynamics. I'm making a solution that looks way better than duct tape for the KJ forum posts. I doubt anyone will know you are eco'd. Started working on it this week for y'all.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to have you here mate! 40mpg is not very feasible for this rig but sure it is still fun and reliable.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 mpg from a brick?

Maybe if you swap in a Prius drivetrain and jettison the interior and personally lose 100lbs of body weight you might just get there, pilgrim...I will start the corn popping and settle back in the recliner for this...anyway, welcome and all power to you!

You Texans are sure keeping us all laughing this year!:gr_grin:

Members online

No members online now.