Howdy from NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just joined up after buying the wife a nice 03 KJ REALLY cheap.
Just went through it to see what it needed now. Wiper blades, plugs and I plan on changing out all the fluids as a starting point. The PO had kept all the paperwork for every repair and really kept on top of it. I just want my own starting point.

Read some of the how-to posts to see what the common problems seem to be. About the only things I plan on for add-ons are some LED interior lights for the center, new tires, replacing the rubber bushing on the rack and maybe adding DRLs and Fog lights. Then it will depend on if the wife wants to keep it or go back to her Blazer as to what else it gets. I wish it had more room in the back though. Hard to fit all my fire gear in there....

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having owned a couple of other Jeeps this one seems to carry the name well. Been working under the hood for close to 30 years so not much that bothers me there. I will say that the 3.7 is laid out pretty well compared to some other brands. About the only item I see that could use improvement would be oil filter location. Looks like pulling the filter without a drip catcher can make a BIG mess on the rack. I can see why that sides bushing fails sooner.