How will this setup work on my 07 Lib?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Liberty Sport. I want these wheels and tires, how will this setup work ... it is not lifted btw.

Rock Crawler Series 51 16x8, 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern

with BF Goodrich All terrain's 235/70QR16

Will there be any rubbing or any problems?
Those rims are to wide for those tires,you'll ruin the tires,get the 7" rims if you want to run 235's.And you'll most likely need to pound the pinchweld down(rear of the front wheel well)if your not lifted.The OEM rims are 16x7 with 5.5" of BS,those steel rims are most likely 5" of BS and 1" wider and will cause rub,drop to a 7" rim with 4.5" BS and you'll do much better,still may rub but not as much as the 8" rims.

Last edited:

jayhat

Reaction score
Those rims are to wide for those tires,you'll ruin the tires,get the 7" rims if you want to run 235's.And you'll most likely need to pound the pinchweld down(rear of the front wheel well)if your not lifted.The OEM rims are 16x7 with 5.5" of BS,those steel rims are most likely 5" of BS and 1" wider and will cause rub,drop to a 7" rim with 4.5" BS and you'll do much better,still may rub but not as much as the 8" rims.

Ok so these Rock Crawler Series 51 - 16x7, 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern Backspacing = 4 in.

Will that be enough backspace?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I have a 2007 Liberty Sport. I want these wheels and tires, how will this setup work ... it is not lifted btw.

Rock Crawler Series 51 16x8, 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern

with BF Goodrich All terrain's 235/70QR16

Will there be any rubbing or any problems?

Why don't you just put the 235/70/16 BF Goodridge All Terrain tires on a set of factory stock aluminum 16X7 wheels? They are engineered by Chrysler and won't give you a headache!
Unless you want to go for a totally different look?
Just a question!

jayhat

Reaction score
If you have the stock aluminum rims and want some black steel rims I will be more than happy to paint my rims black and trade

I dont have the really basic wheels and I dont have the nice gunmetal wheels. I guess I just have mid grade wheels. I think I'm just going to keep them and get tires. I just like how black wheels look.

Here is my lib

You must be registered for see images

jayhat

Reaction score
So 235/70/16's should be good on the stock wheels and I shouldnt rub??

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
235/70 is the same as 225/75.....no rubbing...i did it...both are approximately 29"
those stock wheels will take a 235/70 just fine

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to be fair your Jeep was taller from the factory.
Yes it was but the 235/70's where still being put on KJ's until the KK came out,mostly on limited's or part of some option package.You can mount up to 245/70's on a totally stock(unlifted) KJ on the stock rims with no/very,evry slight rubbing.

If you have a KJ built before April 12th 2002 you can mount 245/75's on the stock rims(I know I did it) since they sat 3/4" higher then the KJ's built after april 12th 2002.