how to tell if cel code is still active?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reflection

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently replaced my fuel filter head and fuel filter because my 04 crd was cutting off and the problem is solved.
today i checked for codes by turning key three times on and off and i saw a code p1130 (fuel rail pressure sensor)
how can i tell if this is a stored code or still active?

Thanks

Caner

reflection

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the CEL light and code should clear out by itself with a couple of drive cycles.

Engine light never came on and i use the car 4 or 5 times after filter head replacement.
Should i wait some more time and check again if the code is still there?

reflection

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i couldnt find any places selling odb2 reader in istanbul. i will ask the dealer tomorrow

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Runs good, plenty of power, quit checking the damned codes!:gr_grin:

Bob

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as error codes are concerned; if the light isn't on, there's nobody home...yet! ;)
Enjoy the darkness.

megatone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you cycle the ignition key from the Off to the Run positions 3 times........and on that third time, leave the key in the RUN position and any codes present (or pending) wil show up in the odometer display

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you cycle the ignition key from the Off to the Run positions 3 times........and on that third time, leave the key in the RUN position and any codes present (or pending) wil show up in the odometer display

This is obviously what Reflection did and this is how he got that code!

The problem with this "key" method is that it does not clear the code and the same code gets stored only once....so even if you keep getting this code it will still only show up once!

What I have done on my 2002 Export CRD is deliberately cause a code by pulling out one of the Glow Plug relays...started with a bit of difficulty and posted the expected code for "Glow Plug Relay Open Circuit"

I put the relay back in now have a "marker" ie. the code for the Glow Plug problem....any code posted after this code I know will be a new, genuine code!:icon_smile:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
the CEL light and code should clear out by itself with a couple of drive cycles.

^^this. I have personally had this happen with a cylinder misfire code.

It is possible the drive cycles weren't good enough. (stone cold engine and a good run......not just to the corner store and back)

OP said he was going to the dealer to have the code deleted.

Dave

reflection

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies.
i guess i 'll stop checking codes unless i feel sth strange :icon_smile:

reflection

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cel was never on. not before fuel filter head replacement and not after.
but i didnt check if there are any codes before replacement because i was pretty sure about the problem.
i guess p1130 doesnt turn cel on right?

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Took her out on lunch to see buckingham fountain

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

She was happy dont really get her out much next would be a night on the town nice dinner maybe get her all soapy and clean her take her out this weekend

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures, but wouldn't you rather they were in the "What did you do to your Jeep today" thread, instead of in this guys thread? ;)

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures, but wouldn't you rather they were in the "What did you do to your Jeep today" thread, instead of in this guys thread? ;)

Ha ha damn iphone little screen i thought i clicked what did you do muffed that up real good my bad

Members online

No members online now.