HOW TO: replace blower motor assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
So if fan settings 1 and 2 dont blow but 3 and 4 do is this what i should replace?

There is a resistor pack which could be the problem, not the blower itself. It could also be that the blower is on it's last legs and it takes full juice to spin it up, which it's not getting at the slower speeds.

QuickSilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up. Just bought a Jeep and the blower motor is out, but the odd thing is that the motor was replaced just about a year ago. I'm taking it in to have other root causes investigated (I've already tested the fuse and suspect the resistor may be causing the problem). If the motor needs replacement (again), then I can get one from eBay for under $40. Your write-up will help me greatly. Thanks!

maianoel

Reaction score
Hi all, I am having an issue with the blower in my daughters liberty. I had replaced the motor and things worked fine for awhile but then it shut off again. If I jiggled the wire it would come back on but not all the time. I removed the blower and I can see the connector looks like it's a little burned out. I think it needs to be replaced but I can't find any part to replace this anywhere. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right spot but any idea what that little wire is called or where I could purchase a replacement?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.