HOW TO: remove this rubber piece at the bottom of the door???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DutchLiberty

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up??????????

How can i remove this rubber piece which is attached on the bottom of each door?
Do i have to remove the door cart?

2003 Liberty

Thanks

You must be registered for see images

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
If you are talking about the black weather stripping ... it is just held in by two plugs. Pull down gently or use a trim tool. :waytogo:

DutchLiberty

Reaction score
Yes i am talking about the weatherstripping on the bottom of each door, but it is held by quite some more plugs than two?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
hmmm must be an '03 thing .... mine is just in there with two plugs that are at the top of the strip. :shrug:

Does it slide horizontally out of a track maybe?

DutchLiberty

Reaction score
Hey Luke thanks for your help.

I made another pic.
I need to remove the weather stripping because there is some rust on the bottom of the door seem that i need to remove, other Liberty owners check your doors before the winter comes in!
You can see the weather stripping a bit better and you also see two of the plugs or clips that connects the stripping on the door.

You must be registered for see images

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have outlived my usefulness on this one. Mine is completely different. Looks as if there is some adhesive around the fasteners on yours as well?

DutchLiberty

Reaction score
No adhesive there, it's clipped in with several clips but i don't know how to remove them.
Oh well thanks for your help anyway :)
Maybe someone else knows how to remove them.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No adhesive there, it's clipped in with several clips but i don't know how to remove them.
Oh well thanks for your help anyway :)
Maybe someone else knows how to remove them.

Luke is correct - those are simply rubber plugs that just pop into holes on the bottom of the door. On the '03s there are several of them - don't remember how many. Firmly pull down on the weatherstrip and it will come out; I had to repair some rust on the bottom seams of my doors and also removed the weatherstrip.

Luke only has two of those plugs while ours has quite a few more. Luke has come up short in several other areas but we love him anyway... :happy175:

Bob

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
On that note ... don't pull too hard!

Better to pry with a notched trim tool ... or the little ribbed plugs may separate from the weather stripping. Ask me how I know... "%^#$%&@#"