How to remove center console??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for directions and pictures to show how to remove the center console. Anyone here have that info handy?

The whole reason behind this is I got my wife an iPod for Christmas, along with an interface into the Pioneer headunit already in the KJ. The interface allows the HU to control the iPod, so I'm going to mount the iPod in the center console to keep it out of sight. I need to run some wires to the console, but I figured I need to remove the console to get wires underneath it.

Thanks!!

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your talking about the bin, then you need to unscrew the three screws that hold the lid down, the two by the latch, and the two at the bottom of the bin. Then just pull the bin out. You shouldnt have any problems running the wires after that.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Pull the ebrake all the way up to make the process a little easier.

You will have to disconnect the front and rear window controls for it to come out as well.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions. With all the info I was given, I was able to find a path to run my wires. Putting the bin back in was a bit of a *****, but I found the path I need.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a couple pics when the project is done.

Latest posts

Members online