HOW TO: Install a CB Antenna with No Drilling!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summary
Install a CB antenna at the front corner of your hood without drilling any holes or making any permanent changes to the vehicle. Keep the antenna height in your line of sight for low-clearances, doesn't get in the way of opening the swing gate or flip glas like spare tire mounts. Very clean install.

Parts List
  • (1)CB Antenna (Firestik-II 4ft)
  • (1)CB Antenna Mounting Kit (Firestik MK184R, comes with mount, bracket, and cable)
    You must be registered for see images attach

measurements of this mount
  • (1) CB Antenna Spring
  • (1) 5/16" Bolt, 3/4" length
  • (1) 5/16" Nut
  • (1) 5/16" Lock-Washer
  • (2) 5/16" Washers

Tools
  • 5/16" Wrench
  • 1/2" Wrench
  • Wrench size of antenna mount (3/4"?)

Procedure
  1. Pop the hood
  2. Thread the bolt through the hole, assembling parts in this order: Bolt head, washer, CB bracket, Frame, washer, lock washer, nut
    You must be registered for see images
  3. Line the bracket up while the bolt is still loose, making sure that it is where you want it
  4. Tighten the bolt (5/16 wrench on the bottom, 1/2" on the top)
  5. Open and close hood to make sure the bracket is not in the way
  6. Install the antenna on the bracket. The ring connector should go above the bracket, since there is not enough room below it.
  7. Run the cable next to the bracket into the hood. Either run the cable through the door and into the fuse box area or run it through the firewall
  8. Route the cable to where your CB radio is
  9. Solder the included connector onto the cable

Installation Notes
  • An extra grounding strap for the mount is not needed, the mount itself is enough
  • The FireRing mount must be used, as there is not enough room below the mount to put a normal coax cable.

Finished Antenna Installation

Offroadability
Just tested this antenna this weekend in the woods of New England. Trees and branches his the antenna, but it bounces around nicely and deflects the trees well. For comparison, one of the other jeeps on that trip had a spare tire mount and was remarked about how much his antenna was swinging into the back of his jeep from the overhead trees.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what exactly did you mount it to? You really didnt say. You opened the hood and bolted it to something. 8-[

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was mounted by removing a bolt holding the fender on and putting it between the bold and fender. Looks good, and I like that it doesn't require permanent modifications and is in the line of site, but it would look goofy on my stocker...don't know what I'm going to do when I get mine still...

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but.

Insted of useing the dodge fender mount there is a jeep liberty mount avalable for a 3/4" nmo antenna. It mounts to the fender washer the same way as the one above but is bent to work with the liberty. I picked it up from a company in canada for 25 bucks shipped
I posted the link below.

Omni Provincial Electronics (Alberta) Inc.

lekmedm

Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but.

Insted of useing the dodge fender mount there is a jeep liberty mount avalable for a 3/4" nmo antenna. It mounts to the fender washer the same way as the one above but is bent to work with the liberty. I picked it up from a company in canada for 25 bucks shipped
I posted the link below.

Omni Provincial Electronics (Alberta) Inc.

Hi guys. Sorry for the continued hijacking, but I just had to ask... Are there any measurements for this CB mount? I couldn't find any details on the site that's linked.

TIA