HOW TO: Find the factory harness for your MOPAR Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks Like i found the Harness for the Mopar Light Bar :) here is a little how to look for it .

if you remove the Grab handle trim from the Left hand Side of the KJ at the bottom of the A pillar there is a socket that is being un-used

found+it+001.jpg

this is the FACTORY wiring harness for the Light Bar

you will also find behind the Trim that goes between the steering wheel and the drivers door a plug like this

tamborine+30+04+06+089.jpg

the switch that comes with the light bar kit plugs into it like so

found+it+005.jpg

from there you connect the harness from the light bar

found+it+008.jpg

to the plug as shown in the first picture like so

found+it+010.jpg

and your done this is the result

light+bar+005.jpg

light+bar+007.jpg

so it looks like all that extra crap that comes with the light bar kit is surplus to requirements , Unless being an export KJ I just got Lucky

does anybody want to check thier Limited or sports to see if you have the same harness in your kj's

now i have to drill holes in my roof :shock:

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 02 liberty sport. I recently checked to see if i had any of this Pre-Wired stuff for the factory light bar. There was nothing at all under my A pilar. Still havent pulled off that little plate on the dash to check for the switch's plug but i doubt anything is there. Does this mean a Mopar Light bar wont work in my model KJ? Or does the kit come with all the neccisary components to install?

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you can still install the light bar as it comes with a complete harness for you to use

i was very lucky to have all the gubbins already there , must be an export KJ thing

shane76a

Reaction score
LIGHT BAR

Hey mate
Shane here from down in sydney, wanted to ask where u got your light bar from and approx cost?

I have a KJ with ARB bar but like the over head light bar.

cheers

[email protected]

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heyy! your rooflight "light" on the dash is blue! mine is yellow, i want the blue one! haha

welshman

Reaction score
HI, THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION . I HAVE JUST ORDERED A MOPAR LIGHT BAR FROM THE STATES FOR MY 2004 CRD LTD. CHEROKEE (THEY DON'T CALL IT A LIBERTY OVER HERE). AFTER READING YOUR POST I TOOK A LOOK AND FOUND A FACTORY HARNESS HAD BEEN FITTED . GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! THIS WILL SAVE ME A LOAD OF WORK ....... NOW, IF ANYONE WANTS TO VOLUNTEER TO DRILL MY ROOF.................,???????

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the socket is at the other A piller for US KJ's. Being that Fouros has his steering wheel on the wrong side! \:D/

welshman

Reaction score
NOPE SOCKET IS ON PASSENGER SIDE (DRIVER SIDE IN U.S.) SWITCH SOCKET IS ON DRIVER SIDE.(PASSENGER IN U.S.)

VanDiesel

Reaction score
HI, THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION . I HAVE JUST ORDERED A MOPAR LIGHT BAR FROM THE STATES FOR MY 2004 CRD LTD. CHEROKEE (THEY DON'T CALL IT A LIBERTY OVER HERE). AFTER READING YOUR POST I TOOK A LOOK AND FOUND A FACTORY HARNESS HAD BEEN FITTED . GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! THIS WILL SAVE ME A LOAD OF WORK ....... NOW, IF ANYONE WANTS TO VOLUNTEER TO DRILL MY ROOF.................,???????

Hey Welshman did you manage to fit your lightbar?, i was looking in excess of 700 ukp (genuine MOPAR including shipping) for one from the states.

VanDiesel

Reaction score
700 GBP :eek: ??

Look on E-bay, you can get a new MOPAR one for around 400 euros!

Just had a look on ebay - found one for 460 dollars around 216 ukp and unbelievably only 60 usd thats 30 ukp for shipping.

Mmm wonder what UK customs would do to me [probably best to assume the position now]:eek:

You got one of those wife people as well..Mmm wonder how much i could trade my new SIDIs in for..

Last edited by a moderator:

BennyMigs

Reaction score
So I'm in the US. I don't have the wiring in already. I found a Light bar at a junk yard with the wire that come from it to the a pillar. But I can not find the rest of the wires from Jeep they say I need to buy the whole set up. And help would be great.

Benny

imirel094

Reaction score
Pictures are no longer available. I have the socket for the OEM switch, how I need to proced for installing my roofbar?

spikelinux

Reaction score
The installation procedure is in the service manual. You can find them here:

DONE!
I did it... the light bar remained connected as if it were original, I even managed to enable the indicator light on the dashboard when I turned them on

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online