HOW TO: Find a How-To not listed here & Forum Guidelines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

We're trying to build a repository of helpful how-tos for everyone to use. If you've done something interesting and can detail the process, note it here. If there's something you want to do and would like a guide, reply to this thread and as a community, we'll try and provide it for you.

This forum is open to everyone newbie and veteran alike. While good natured ribbing is acceptable, chastising anyone for asking newbie questions is prohibited, so please feel free to ask for anything you want.

In order to keep the forum clean, If you would like to request a topic, please reply here. The only time to start a new thread in this forum should be when you're posting a new How To guide.

Disclaimer: Please note that the HOW-TOs here are based on our experiences with the Liberty, or based on service manual recommendations. Please bear this in mind when attempting to replicate any how-to listed here. Most of us here do this as a hobby, and are not certified mechanics.

Thanks!

-Blue Phantom

deep6blue

Reaction score
Just completed the How-to for puddle lamps and I would like to add it to the section. But I want to make sure there is ample filespace for it. It is only about 1MB (~20 pictures).

I was planning on just editing my first post to add it, is this ok?

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, due to bandwith restrictions (in order to keep the site running properly), you can only put pictures up if you host them elsewhere - PM Bennett if you cant, he may be able to point you in the right direction.

-Blu

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't we used to have a how-to on the clevis lift, or did I just imagine that?

echicks

Reaction score
CD Changer Installation

Can anybody post instructions on how to install a cd changer into a 2002 Liberty

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: CD Changer Installation

echicks said:
Can anybody post instructions on how to install a cd changer into a 2002 Liberty

this would be a good start

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=317

where do you want to install it? where that net thing is in the cargo area (where it's normally installed by the factory) or under the seat or something.

cd changer installs are pretty much a piece of cake. pull out the HU, plug in the necessary cables. biggest obstacle is routing the cable to the changer, and changer placement.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to learn how to remove the factory installed Renegade lightbar and, conversely, how to install (or re-install) either it or another type of lightbar, generally speaking. Thanks all!

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you can remove it but you will be left with mounting holes in the roof. I am not sure if ahy of the oftermarket bars will line up with the same holes. Could be wrong though.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reference to "Light Bar" in the service manual is in the "Accessory Colors" section
-----------
Renegade
Roof
Rack/Light
Bar
Deep Gray ZSP
-----------

So, I think we'd have to find the install instructions for the light bar and do them backwards? Dunno.

Blu

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
I'd like to learn how to remove the factory installed Renegade lightbar and, conversely, how to install (or re-install) either it or another type of lightbar, generally speaking. Thanks all!

http://www.spanosg.com/Jeep/renegaderoofbar.htm

Thats not my site and I wouldnt feel right about just posting each photo in a how to topic....someone wana donate some space and host the picts for a new how to topic??

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
SRotblat said:
Flaren said:

http://www.spanosg.com/Jeep/renegaderoofbar.htm

Thats not my site and I wouldnt feel right about just posting each photo in a how to topic....someone wana donate some space and host the picts for a new how to topic??

that's george's site...(aerostar6 is his handle across all boards) i'll contact him later and ask him if it's cool...i'll put up the hosting space for it...if anything

Aerostar6

Reaction score
Yo

Hey all, thats my site http://www.spanosg.com/Jeep/

I would love for someone to write up a how-to for any instructions I have on my site, just write it up and e-mail it to me, [email protected] and i also would like any jeep info, pics etc that you guys have, instructions anything. i have my anon ftp on just ftp www.spanosg.com anon and use ur email address as ur password.

Adam81

Reaction score
I'd like to know the easiest way to...

breach the firewall in order to install an after market amp. I would also like to know the easiest way to hide the amp wires??

Thanks in advance!!

-Adam

moterhead

Reaction score
How to change your transmission fluid

Brand new member here. First post. I'm active on the CTD Ram boards. I'd like to see a how-to on changing your automatic transmission fluid.

lilmatty

Reaction score
Lubrication

I'd like to see a lubrication chart of some kind. Where the points are and what the recommended materials to use. The Service Manual is pretty weak on the matter.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: Lubrication

lilmatty said:
I'd like to see a lubrication chart of some kind. Where the points are and what the recommended materials to use. The Service Manual is pretty weak on the matter.

Specs on Fluids...
Fluid Capacities

Oil Specs
For temperatures between -20 degrees and 100 degrees a 5W-30 weight oil is suggested.
For temperatures between 0 degrees and 100+ degrees a 10W-30 weight oil is suggested.
The Oil Capacity including Oil Filter is 5 Quarts.
Synthetic Amsoil ( www.amsoil.com ) has two great oils for these applications-
Series 2000 0W-30
Covers the whole factory spetrum of 5W-30 and 10W-30
Lasts 35,000 miles or 1 year with filter changes every 12,500 miles
SAE 10W-30 and 5W-30Lasts 25,000 miles or 1 year with filter changes every 7,500 miles

Coolant capacity is 14 Quarts.
Mopar Suggests using a HOAT ( Hybrid Organic Additive Technology ) coolant. Do Not use a Propylene Glycol based coolant. The HOAT type is a 5yr./100,000mile coolant.

Automatic Transmission fluid is the new ATF+4.
Amsoil Synthetic ATF lasts up to three times longer than conventional ATF's
Yopu can go up to 90,000 miles without commercial use
probably better to go 45,000 miles with off road use or towing. It took about 14 quarts to exchange the ****** fluid.

Brake Fluid is a DOT 3.

Transfer Case uses the same ATF+4 fluid as the Transmission. It takes 2.85 pints ( about 1.5 quarts ).

Front Axle Fluid is a API-GL5 grade.It takes 42oz.

Rear Axle Fluid is the same unless you plan to tow or have the Trac-Lok Differential. Then replace with a SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Gear Lubricant ( Mopar stocks this synthetic ). If you have Trac-Lok a friction control additive is required every time you change ( Mopar Hypoid Gear Oil Additive Friction Modifier ). Rear capacity is 56oz. for the standard rear end and 70oz. for the 8.25 Trac-Lok ( 3.75oz. of the 70 oz. is the Friction Modifier ).
Amsoil Series 2000 75W-140 has an indefinite lifespan-you do not have to add the Friction Modifier, but you can. After you change Differential fluid you should do 8-10 figure 8 patterns to cover all the plates.

got it from

http://www.kjjeep.com/custom2.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.