How to explain why not to do a certain lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darwin

Reaction score
Living in Lombard IL, Wishing it was Red Wing MN,
Alright so I have a buddy that is trying to "out do the Jones' " and he wants to do the same frankie set up and wheel set up I have but also wants to stack in a 2.5" spacer like daystar or revtek to it to get like 5"-6" of lift without shelling out for the JBA 6" lift. What other reasons are there besides the CV's and having to buy a ton of parts from the JBA 6" to "do it safely" according to him not to stack a spacer on to a full suspension lift? And if getting that amount of lift is possible in that fashion what parts from JBA would he have to buy since he wants to stack it with a frankie? (banghead)

To quote Mel Brooks "Talkimotta? You can't Talkimotta anything!"

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
here's a reason: Do it right the first time, and to avoid the front suspension and steering setup from completely disintegrating on him? Because that's what it will do if things do not line up right!

Reaction score
well if it was possible with out alot of problems, dont you think alot of people would have done it? we cant even go that high with out problems. dont try to cut corners. TRUST ME. i've wasted almost a grand fixing my mistakes

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie would say "Well, don't expect an answer when you call sayin MY JUNK IS BROKE"

Seriously, he's talked people out of doing stupid stuff saying that.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't that the same that swampthing did? If so, he ended up taking it back down to the 2.5 - 3" lift and leaving it, the last I heard.

Darwin

Reaction score
Living in Lombard IL, Wishing it was Red Wing MN,
that is what I thought and I have tried telling him all that so basically I am just going to tell him all this one more time and then crack a Guinness and wait to watch it explode on him. God I love natural selection hence the screen name

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Tell your friend to read all the articles here and over on lost...
If he is still not convinced...
Then just tell him he is being foolish!
And that it is "HIS" money and not to whine and complain when he ends up with a whole list of problems and a lengthy list of parts that needs replacement!

Then he can start from scratch.
And do properly the Second Time!

Thats just my ¢0.02 worth!

Cheers

Ry'

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive done it on my liberty for about 5 miles, the control arms just wont have it, it will be a ***** alone just to wedge them in there

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
No he lives over off Edgewood ave....:D Not sure if he ever got his new ****** installed. yes, he did have to remove some parts as his was breaking constantly

He did. ThunderbirdJunkie saw his KJ in Oxford a couple weeks ago sitting on stock size tires but with tons o' lift.

Latest posts

Members online