How to disable DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DreJeep

Reaction score
2004 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Installed H1 retrofit lens, H1 HID bulbs, relay.
Usually when I put the key into the ignition the stock/factory light bulbs turns ON but now with this new HID kit, it flickering/strobe, relay makes a clicking noise. So I have to turn on the high beam on the jeep so it doesn't do the flickering/clicking noise and the HID works when I turn the jeep on High beam.
It's a pain to turn on the night light/high beam every time that I have to drive the jeep, day or night.

Would this cause any damage to my Jeep if I disable the DRL? What would it do and what would I not have anymore?

Would like to get some info. before I do it.

Found this on here from MiniMike
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/how-disable-drl-48606/

DreJeep

Reaction score
I just disable/disconnect the DRL on the Jeep, Nothing happen!!! No low/high beam..

Going buy a new relay because since it was clicking/making noises, I might have damage it.

Going try it again later.

But please if you know info let me know, would be very helpful.

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Installed H1 retrofit lens, H1 HID bulbs, relay.
Usually when I put the key into the ignition the stock/factory light bulbs turns ON but now with this new HID kit, it flickering/strobe, relay makes a clicking noise. So I have to turn on the high beam on the jeep so it doesn't do the flickering/clicking noise and the HID works when I turn the jeep on High beam.
It's a pain to turn on the night light/high beam every time that I have to drive the jeep, day or night.

Would this cause any damage to my Jeep if I disable the DRL? What would it do and what would I not have anymore?

Would like to get some info. before I do it.

Found this on here from MiniMike
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/how-disable-drl-48606/

I don't think you need to disable the DRL. I remember reading a while back on another forum about using a capacitor inline after the DRL relay. On that particular DRL setup the DRL used the high beam light and it pulsed the ground to cause the filament to be dimmer. I'm not sure if the jeep is the same way. Some of the jeep experts will have to chime in about that.

Google DRL HID and you'll come up with a bunch of stuff to read.

DreJeep

Reaction score
HID Lens retrofit/projector installed with 6000k HID bulbs kit

You must be registered for see images attach

DreJeep

Reaction score
I was told by a shop here where I live that deals with HID lights that Jeep, dodge & other American vehicles that it's a common problem with these vehicles that have these problem because of how it's programmed.

I had a problem like this with my 2003 Mazda Protege but all I had to do was buy a new relay, fixed problem but it seen like it a bigger problem with the Jeep

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID Lens retrofit/projector installed with 6000k HID bulbs kit

Just a side note, I like the looks of that! Is that legal with the halogen reflectors still in place?

DreJeep

Reaction score
Yes, it's Legal

It is legal... Doesn't blind another vehicles.
All I did was open up the headlight housing and install the retrofit projector lens, put everything back apart.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does this post remind me of someone, must be someone from Canada maybe.