How to change 02 Liberty Washer Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZWFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Safely jack-up and remove the right front wheel. Use Jack stands for added protection, lift up the small wheelwell flap to access the washer motor. You may also remove and isolate the negitive connection at the Battery. Using a small probe or screwdriver, slide fully upward the red connector holder to remove the power connection on the washer motor. Place a bucket and many towels under the general area of the motor assembly to catch the remaining fluid from the resivoir. It wont be pretty, just be prepared. Safety glasses are a good idea. I removed the left side (rear) washer hose with needle-nose pliers to allow easier removal of the assembly. Tilt the washer motor assembly backward to move the "locating pin" away from the resivoir. Then just rock back and forth while pulling to remove the motor and the still connected front washer hose. To ensure no dirt or particles get into your new washer motor during installation, clean the area around the flap and resivoir. Remove the resivoir input grommet using needle nose pliers and again clean the input hole. Their is enough slack in the hoses to cut off a 1/2 inch off the front and rear lines to made a new tighter hose connection if you want. Install the new grommet by hand, making sure its seated well. Connect the new motor to both washer lines. The motor is labeled F and R- for front and rear. Install the assembly by placing the the input side of the motor partially into the new grommet at the resivoir while aligning the "locater pin" at the top. Confirm your hoses are routed well with no bends or kinks. Once aligned, firmly press the assembly toward the resivoir. The Top and bottom should seal into place nicely without too much effort. Reconnect the power connector and slide back down the red connector holder. Reconnect the Battery. Add some clean water to the resiovoir and check the front and rear washer motor operation while also checking for leaks. Properly close the wheelwell flap and reinstall the front wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_3126.JPG
    IMG_3126.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3129.JPG
    IMG_3129.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3138.JPG
    IMG_3138.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 110

AZWFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Strange about my washer motor, the motor was actually still working in forward and reverse (front and rear), but no dispense on the front. The line was not clogged. My guess is the diaphragm in the output section went bad. I could have swapped the lines and used the rear switch to activate the front, but acesss to the washer is bad enough without just replacing it.