How much Power loss with lift on CRD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoGayKJ

Reaction score
Just got a 2006 limited 4x4 CRD...wanting to put 2-3" lift with 265 (31s) on it. Any diesels out there with a lift?

If so give me a shout here. how many miles with the lift on? any probs? What's the difference power wise with the bigger tires? etc..

NoGayKJ

Reaction score
thank you for the response...good to hear it did not mess anything up in 15k miles and that it didnt lose power! cant wait to get my lift on

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NoGayKJ said:
thank you for the response...good to hear it did not mess anything up in 15k miles and that it didnt lose power! cant wait to get my lift on

It wont loose power with just a lift, its the tires that will take the torque away.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ehh, took me a month to respond. Anyway, I have both stock and offroad tires. They will take some torque away. It will downshift on hills that it didnt used too and the MPG will drop a couple.

dog_party

Reaction score
I don't know if you're still watching this topic, or if you've installed a lift yet or not, but I thought I'd chime in. Make sure that you don't get any lift kit that replaces the front springs. Our CRD springs are the stiffest made for the KJ front-end. All other front springs will end up collapsing under the weight of the diesel motor.

I have the Daystar lift and it's awesome! But be warned that the standard rental spring-compressor will not fit between the slots on our ginormous front springs. I had to buy one that has thinner arms.

dog_party

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot to mention that I haven't up-sized my tires yet. I still have the stock rims and I'm shredding the stocker Junkyears before I put on the set of used BFG A/Ts. The BFGs, however, are the stock size, so I still won't know the power loss of larger tires until I shred those little A/Ts.