How Much Clevis Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldenRam

Reaction score
When I installed the Rusty's coil lift I had 3.25" lift. The front dropped to 2" and at last check the back was still up there. I've read a lot of good info on this site and I expected this. I'm going to do the clevis lift this weekend if I get a chance. I was just wondering how much is okay? I think I've read 3/8". Why not 1/2" or whatever else you could squeeze out of it. I would assume that the 3/8" is safe with the amount of people that have done it.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Losing 1.25" seems out of the ordinary. People who have noticed a drop only see a 1/2" normally. If you really lost 1.25", you might want to call Rusty's.

Anyway, I have a Rusty's lift and I put 2 conduit nuts on each side. Eyeball measurement is that I have gained about 1/4"-5/16"" with the clevis lift. The problem is that when you are already running Rusty's springs, you are limited to the amount of clearance between the upper control arm and the spring. I've got about 1/8" inch clearance between the UCA and the spring at full extension, so I'm good. If I tried to shove 1/2" of clevis lift in there, my UCA would be banging on the spring and would ruin my upper ball joint in due time.

GoldenRam

Reaction score
I measured from the center of the fender with a tape measure on all four wheels before and after the lift. I measured a 3.25" lift. So other people are seeing more like a 2.75" after settling?