how much actual lift from OME light duty's ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arb lists these as 1.5" lift coils but others on here, from what ive read, disagree, saying will get about an inch at most, is this true ?
anyone have experience with these ? could i fit 245/70/17 with these ?

If i go with the med. 926's , ive read that, in reality, u get like 2" of lift and i think that the 245's will look small.(their only 3/4" taller) the option is 255/70/17 but in another thread people said will rub bad, anyways , i dont think i wanna go that big and lose 'pep'iness
just looking to keep the space in wheelwell at a minimum.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well. i actually have a set of light duty coils. i would agree that they might give you an 1.5 on a 2wd and probably about .5 or 1 on a 4wd. on both they will sag faster then any other spring. so your .5 to 1.5 will sag away pretty quick. Im using mine with a spacer as kind of a franken lift. i would go with medium coils.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Light duty springs are rated the same as stock so you may get about an inch but like has been stated they will sag over time faster than mediums or HDs would.
Lift also varies dpending on how much you have already sagged with the stockers, For example most new are around 19 inches bottom of flare to middle of the wheel. But I have measured a couple that were actually sitting about 17 1/2 to 17 3/4 due to sagging stock coile

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well , my idea was to get light duty to bring the fender lower over the tire.245/70.

plan#2 is........go for medium duty and 255/70/17 , only thing is duratracs dont come in that size.and the duratracs specs show they are wider than any of the 255 size tires out there, thats why i was sold on them, and their sweet looking tread.

my 'option' tire is the geolander a/t-s, they come in 255/70 . will probably want to regear with this size thats why was trying to stay away from ging too big.

i had yokohama super diggers on my cj-7 and they were great so i am hoping these yokohamas are of the same caliber.

sorry guys for overanalyzing....out loud and thanks for input. will make up my mind soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.