How long does 3.7 fuel line stay pressurized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a p0306 and I started exchanging stuff between cylinder 6 and another cylinder trying to figure out what might cause this. As part of the process i tried depressurizing the fuel line via the schraeder valve.

There was no pressure in the line at all. Nothing came out at all. Not even a single drop. At that point the Jeep hadn't been driven in 12 hours or so. That makes me wonder could it be a bad injector on cylinder 6 staying open all the time and causing the no pressure and p0306? Where would the pressure go otherwise?

brianboko

Reaction score
My jeep hasn't been running for 5 days as it doesn't have a PCM right now. I went and pushed in the pin of the valve on the fuel rail yesterday and it shot fuel a foot or so out the top. While the fuel pressure most likely isn't your problem I would check for a minor leak or something as well as testing your fuel pressure while the pump is running to make sure your fuel system is working up to the spec listed in the manual.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
P0306 -#6-misfire- Did the code move?
Have you installed new spark plugs lately?
57286[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Jeep runs better with fresh plugs every 40 k miles. Gap can get eaten quickly on them.
Otherwise if one coil is going bad, replace them all.

Attachments

• Jeep%20Spark%20Plug%20Type_1.jpg
    Jeep%20Spark%20Plug%20Type_1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spark plugs have like 6000 miles on them. I did exchange cylinder 6 and cylinder 1 plugs to see whether the code will move but the MIL disappeared on the third trip after coming up. Will keep an eye on it.

Fuel pressure might be the problem though if other trucks stay pressurized for days in a row.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spark plugs have like 6000 miles on them. I did exchange cylinder 6 and cylinder 1 plugs to see whether the code will move but the MIL disappeared on the third trip after coming up. Will keep an eye on it.

Fuel pressure might be the problem though if other trucks stay pressurized for days in a row.

No fuel system will hold pressure for more then 24 hours,just won't happen.

Members online

No members online now.