How do you get the transfer case connector off the t.case switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of changing the Transfer case switch and couldn't figure out how to release the connector that goes to the t.case switch. I see a tab but pulling it out does nothing to ease the release of the connector, and putting it inwards doesn't either. What's the correct way to get it off?

ahjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know? I'm trying to get this finished sometime today.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know what, I just did this a few weeks back and for the life of me can't remember what I ultimately did to get the connector off. I vaguely recall having to really yank on the connector after using a screwdriver to separate the locking tabs because I had planned to replace th part. BUT, unless you know for sure the sensor is bad, what I did was to tap on the top of the sensor (a few sharp raps)...that got it working again...no need to replace. Worth a try in order to save $80 bucks.

ahjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know what, I just did this a few weeks back and for the life of me can't remember what I ultimately did to get the connector off. I vaguely recall having to really yank on the connector after using a screwdriver to separate the locking tabs because I had planned to replace th part. BUT, unless you know for sure the sensor is bad, what I did was to tap on the top of the sensor (a few sharp raps)...that got it working again...no need to replace. Worth a try in order to save $80 bucks.

I tried everything, and still got the part-time light. That's why I figured I should go ahead and replace it. I actually got it for $50 btw. A pretty good deal IMO. I pulled the connector as hard as I could without thinking I'd break it and it did no good. It wouldn't move at all, it was almost like it was seized. Did you pull the tab outward? I actually put everything together earlier today and I'm going to try a bit later. I can't get it for the life of me! :shrug:

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked the PDF of the factory service manual it does not mention how the lock works on the electrical plug.
sorry