How about we put together a product guide?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that an in-depth product guide might be a good thing for us to throw together. I'm already writing notes on all the products I use anyway, and wouldn't mind sharing them if other folks were willing to do the same. I don't know how willing the site management would be to build an interface, but I was thinking it could be a subsection of the detailing forum and could be structured like:
Detailing Products Guide
Interior
Odor Removers
Leather Care
Exterior
Waxes
Polishes
Cleaning Compounds
Etc
Plastic Care
Glass Care
Etc

One other site that I use frequently is based on vBulletin as well, and we have a product review section similar to what I was thinking about here for detailing stuff. Of course, there might not be enough detailing traffic here to warrant such an undertaking :eek: .

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they would be willing to dedicate entire subsections as that is what websites like Autopia are for. However, I would be willing to add to a thread like this and just keep it as an ongoing guide, much like the lift kit and tire ones where you are not allowed to post anything but reviews in order to keep it orderly.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. How about a seperate thread for each product, so it's easy to sort through using the search function?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. How about a seperate thread for each product, so it's easy to sort through using the search function?

If the admins are cool with that (which I don't see why it would be a problem), I'll throw in my own reviews.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started adding my reviews, so I hope someone gets some use out of them.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, people, here is a suggestion, for each review to add your rating just choose STARS from the RATING of the topic, in addition to adding your own message/review to it.
Also, I would ask Bennett to create a new category "REVIEWS" I think it would be cool. If we have enough reviews later on, then we can categorize each review. I love this, it will be very useful and won't start many topics of same question.....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, people, here is a suggestion, for each review to add your rating just choose STARS from the RATING of the topic, in addition to adding your own message/review to it.
Also, I would ask Bennett to create a new category "REVIEWS" I think it would be cool. If we have enough reviews later on, then we can categorize each review. I love this, it will be very useful and won't start many topics of same question.....

Good idea. I already did the rating thing.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I'm all for it, and i like the idea of a new subsection called "reviews". Next time I catch bennett online i'll ask him to make it :)