Hose connection ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was changing the battery and noticed I have a hose dangling, does anyone know where this hose connects to. I attached a picture it's the hose with the plastic ring looks like it's supposed to be attached to a line. Anyone know? Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Mk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the front diff vent hose. there's should be some exposed threads around by the battery where you can fit the plastic fitting on to.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the front diff vent hose. there's should be some exposed threads around by the battery where you can fit the plastic fitting on to.

Thank you for the quick reply, I couldn't find any threads where it was supposed to go on but I ended up wedging it between a the hoses and the battery. There are some holes that look like grommets go into, is that what I'm looking for?
Thanks

Mk

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It's a VENT, all it's supposed to do is fit down over an exposed bolt to hold it securely.

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for a Stock hose length, it should go to an exposed thread right above the wheel well if I remember correctly. Any exposed thread it can fit into should be fine as long as it's the highest point it can reach, i think.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I brought mine a bit higher & zip tied it here.
54213[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Front%20Diff%20Breather%20Moved.jpg
    Front%20Diff%20Breather%20Moved.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought mine a bit higher & zip tied it here.
54218[/ATTACH]"]

Perhaps you should put one of those in a plastic bag, price it at $15.95, and sell it as a "Deep Water Fording Accessory Kit". :gr_grin:

Bob

Attachments

• Front%20Diff%20Breather%20Moved.jpg
    Front%20Diff%20Breather%20Moved.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you I'm going to do that I can't seem to get the hose to stay on securely to any bolts without falling off.

Mk
Ya That is what they do fall off, flop around or down, & drag on the road!
It really was a PP design. :emotions34:
A Washer over top of the bolt going though the circular mount should have been used, instead of relying on a push on top of bolt scenario.
One plastic piece inside of the mount breaks, or even vibration, and down it goes!
Why they did not even use a back up Zip Strap somewhere is beyond me.:gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online