Honestly Blunt Review #3 12V Auto Waterproof Fuse Relay Box Block Kit Best B.ang for your Buck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Here is a true Gem of a find from Scamazon:

12V Auto Waterproof Fuse Relay Box Block Kit

You must be registered for see images attach

Do not let the price or lack of branding fool you, this is money well spent if you want to control the chaos of wiring up your accessories and exterior lighting.
I had my reservations at first, but once this kit arrived, I was shocked at the quality. It will be the best 30 bucks you have ever spent.
This is a beefy box.
The kit comes with all the relays, fuses and connectors you may need, plus bracket hardware.
Each and port to the exterior has a high visibility silicone seal.
It is not pre wired so you can rig it however you like for your application.
The individual circuit modular design makes it easy to add each accessory as you get it, so saves a ton of time if you pre-wire each individual circuit.
It also includes a BUNA-N base seal for flush mounting if you so desire.
In other words, lots of great stuff in this kit for 30USD. I priced it out, and if you were to purchase just the box, you would spend close to 2.5 times the price if you bought everything else seperately on Spamazon...and that is if you buy the absolute cheapest components on that site.
Wire up your relays and fuses, and connect it to the busbar and you are now fully plug and play.

I am using it (in conjunction with waterproof busbars by the same manufacturer) to destroy the jerry-rigged kraken under my hood and dash for the following accessories: Ditch Lights, Roof Bar, Forward Roof spots, Rear Roof work lights, front Amber Fogs, and a 12v USB charging port. By using this product, it makes it look like I actually know what I am doing for a change.

So there are all the pros- beefy modular design with a brilliant layout in a true water and dust proof enclosure.

Now for the cons:
This unit is NOT for beginners. You MUST know how to properly wire 12VDC automotive circuits AND how to do proper terminations and installations.
The instructions included are not installation or application instructions. You will have to Google quite a bit if you do not know how to set up automotive cube relay circuits.
None of the sockets are prewired. You will need to purchase the proper tools for the job if you do not own them.
The supplied blade connectors for the relay and fuse sockets are of dubious quality, however if you know what you are doing, they will suffice.
The bulk of this unit makes it a bit tricky to find a home. In the KJ there is not really anywhere under the hood to mount it, nor is there a place inside that both fits it and allows ease of access.
I ended up mounting it on the interior of the hinged dash plate directly below the steering wheel. Even that was a tight fit and required some finagling. Plus side is, with proper service loops and cable management, it looks like it is supposed to be there, and is not readily visible.
Last, there is no real cable management included. You will have to engineer on the fly for your application.

Anyway, in short, this kit is a godsend if you know what you are doing. You cannot beat the price. I had budgeted almost 800USD for my exterior lighting, interior lighting, LED conversions, and sound system install. As of this writing I have spent a total of 100$ on the circuits thanks to this gangbox and the companion busbars.

Bert is getting brighter and louder almost every day and your Liberty can too!

(Details of my application can be found in Bert the ScienceMobile's build thread elsewhere on the forums...if I ever get around to posting all the pictures and such.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very neat and needed if you do any serious deep-water wading...which I do not!

Have you waterproofed your PCM and TCM? Seems to me those will get into deep water before the Fuse-Relay box!

The ECM connector on my manual CRD looks reasonably waterproofed but I would not trust it for any serious deep water wading.....I wrap it up in plastic before using a High Pressure Cleaner to clean out the engine bay! ;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I use 3M cold shrink on most of my cable connections, as for the brain box I’ve done nothing. I don’t do deep fording, but I learned the hard way to keep the mix of condensation and road dust out.
The cold shrink reinforces stuff too.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
One note on fording: the KJ is limited to depth lower than the top of the rear bumper corners as that is where the put the interior overpressure vents. ( they allow your doors to open close properly in an otherwise airtight cabin)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One note on fording: the KJ is limited to depth lower than the top of the rear bumper corners as that is where the put the interior overpressure vents. ( they allow your doors to open close properly in an otherwise airtight cabin)
I have had the 04 up to about two inches below the door handles doing a creek crossing ( not by choice but came down a hill that they was no going back up on ) and that was with 4.5 inches of lift on 32s LOL
Had a nice friendly water moccasin swim right up to the drivers side window, it went up REAL quick !
There were 6-7 KJs out that day , have pictures on my old computer that doesn't work any more wish I could get to them
No water inside any of ours, lucky I guess : )

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I have had the 04 up to about two inches below the door handles doing a creek crossing ( not by choice but came down a hill that they was no going back up on ) and that was with 4.5 inches of lift on 32s LOL
Had a nice friendly water moccasin swim right up to the drivers side window, it went up REAL quick !
There were 6-7 KJs out that day , have pictures on my old computer that doesn't work any more wish I could get to them
Yep lucky! Guess the flaps on those vents held!

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This arrived today. Now to map the accessories out and to find a location for. It should be a fun challenge. Thanks for the review and write-up.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Took me a while to get it located. I also bought the matching bus bars for positive and negative. In addition to all the lights I have a hefty sound system and I wanted forward compatibility for the dual battery circuits and solar. I converted lab equipment to 12vdc but I have plans for a ninja foodie and a fridge at the same time.

Can’t remember if I put it in the review, but Dawn dish soap is the superior solution for pulling wires and setting the silicone seals!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Very neat and needed if you do any serious deep-water wading...which I do not!

Have you waterproofed your PCM and TCM? Seems to me those will get into deep water before the Fuse-Relay box!

The ECM connector on my manual CRD looks reasonably waterproofed but I would not trust it for any serious deep water wading.....I wrap it up in plastic before using a High Pressure Cleaner to clean out the engine bay! ;)
Hey Bill! I meant to ask, what’s the best way to handle the Brain boxes?
I was thinking a good shell of MIL-Spec conformal coating and silicone wads at the connections- a navy style treatment.
The under the hood fuse/relay box has me stumped- it’s neither dust nor water proof and a real weak point for intrusion in my mind. I’ve half a mind to chop it out and relocate it to the cabin, but this old twidget lacks the gumption and thinks a high water sensor and a light on the dash might be smarter.
I don’t plan on fording much if at all, but what the heck- anything worth doing is worth overdoing!
I’m waiting on some flapper ports to install higher in the cabin and have deletions prepared to get rid of the two under the rear bumper corners.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I felt a disturbance in the force.
Talk to Dr. Sota about your computer problems.

Latest posts

Members online