Hitch lbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a curious question, how much does the MOPAR hitch receiver wieight? This is for part #82207535. I just received my hitch today and it seens solid and has a good amount of weight.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall when I installed mine, it wasn't overly heavy. Maybe in the neighborhood of 30-35 lbs. Real easy to install. Good luck

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like it would be easy, just 6 bolts to tighten. I'm wondering since there are no nuts, wouldn't the bolts loosen very easily?

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, there are nuts welded from the inside of the frame rail, or clips I can't remember. But they are plenty tough, I am not worried about it comin loose.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my hitch, sort of, I was able to screw in 5 of the 6 bolts. I wasn't able to screw in the 6th bolt because of muffler pipe was in my way. Is there anyway around this?

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rchung813 said:
I just installed my hitch, sort of, I was able to screw in 5 of the 6 bolts. I wasn't able to screw in the 6th bolt because of muffler pipe was in my way. Is there anyway around this?

I have the same problem, but compounded by the fact the nuts in the frame were rusted badly, and on the one you're describing I can't get tap into it. Also the slot in the hitch does not line up properly. I'm wondering how safe the hitch is with 5 bolts? I'm not going to be hauling a trailer, but rather use it for a cargo carrier and/or bike rack, and if need be for recovery with a D ring?

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall the 6th being a huge pain in the rear on mine I had to single handed push the exhaust a bit to the side...does not more much...and couldn't use my socket set. was a while ago but I think I ended up using a wrench with a breaker bar.

Members online

No members online now.