HID 9007 Head Light Set Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Bennett, Jan 18, 2006.

1. vinthewrench

vinthewrench New Member

keep me in the loop, I might even pick up a set of H4s for my Scout-II project vehicle, I really would like Hi beams though for my daily drive through the woods.

2. coastgardsman

coastgardsman New Member

Hey guys im intrested in hitting up part of that group buy. let me know whats up

3. Sean

Sean New Member

This is still going on?

4. springroll

springroll New Member

Pictures posted are not showing up .... :-s

5. jfortier777

jfortier777 Full Access Member

I had a dream about HIDs last night, LOL!

6. viperp2pt0

viperp2pt0 New Member

Guys, not to burst your bubble...but I just wanted to bring up the fact that putting an HID bulb in a housing made for a halogen is dangerous to other drivers and illegal. Putting an HID bulb in a housing/reflector made for a halogen bulb changes the location of the source of light and 9007's are one of the worst.
    The source of light on a halogen bulb is the filament, as we all know. This filament goes horizontally in the housing, and is a certain distance away from the rear of the reflector. HID bulbs utilize an arc to create their light source, which goes front to back, unlike the halogen filament. This changes the focal point of the headlight reflector and creates an unfocused beam, which produces TONS of glare, also known as 'useless light' which shines everywhere but the road. I know alot about this because I have a 9007 bi-xenon kit in my srt-4. Im not sure how the beam pattern in the jeep will be compared to the srt-4, but seeing as how they are both 9007's I assume it will be similar.
    Just wanted to throw this out there and let you know. I cut down on my glare alot by making a custom casper shield for my bulb..but it is still pretty bad. You will blind all oncoming traffic. Just FYI

7. 2006CanuckCRD

2006CanuckCRD New Member

That can be a problem for sure.
    I was going to ask how many people are out there that have done a HID conversion, get flashed (by others highbeams) on darker roads.

I would love to have HIDS in the lows, and not real worried about the highs as I have 150 Watt KC's beside the neadlights, those light up everything in thier path...

So, I quess... How many oncoming drivers are getting pissed with the HIDS ?

Thanks