HID 9007 Head Light Set Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinthewrench

Reaction score
keep me in the loop, I might even pick up a set of H4s for my Scout-II project vehicle, I really would like Hi beams though for my daily drive through the woods.

springroll

Reaction score
BoeserBlick said:
NightCrawler said:
Can you show us some pics of the lights installed and what they look like ay night on the road.

BoeserBlick said:
This is the kit I have:

You must be registered for see images

For a good primer on which color gives the most light out put go here:
http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/Xenon-HID-Catz-Lights-Kits.htm

Color The major difference is in found in the bulbs. Hid- Fog Lights run at 5400k and Stage 2 bulbs run at 5200k and are composed of a gas mixture that emits a very BLUE hue, Versus a Stage 1 kit, which run at 4300k, and emit a very WHITE light. The Stage 1 kits are the same lights and OEM color in BMW & Lexus this color give you the MOST LUMENS (light output). The stage 2 system is the same exact system found on the European Le man Race cars. This system eclipses any other automotive lighting system in color on the market today. Nothing can even match the light color. Stage 2 is much more BLUISH hue than Any BMW, Mercedes, or popular luxury car on the market.

The choice of stage 1 or stage 2. If your looking for the most light output go with stage 1 (4300k) which is OEM color in BMW and LEXUS. If you just really want that more Blue / Euro look go with the Stage 2 (5200k) kit.

The rising white 4300K (version I have) has the highest light output of the two offered for the 9007 bulb size. The added bonus is that its actually cheaper!!! (The blue is flashier & thus has higher demand - despite the lower light output).

I'll try to get some road shots tonight. But here are a few I took last night. Sorry I didn't post earlier (fell asleep early last night)...

Taken in a driveway under a street lamp, but with no flash. I just ignited them so its not at 100% brightness yet.
ALSO - remember, my headlights are tinted, so the output on factory housings will be brighter!

with flash...

Passenger side ballast. The Catz kit comes with a mounting plate that made it a breeze to mount this on the side of the fender.
(please excuse the grime, I haven't cleaned under the hood... well since I got the Jeep hahahaha)

Not sure if you can make it out, but here's the drivers side ballast. I mounted it under the battery & fuse box.

One of the igniter/high-low control modules...

The actual control module "brain" to control the high-low sleev/sheath.

A very dirty engine bay... I really need to clean this up when the weather is warmer...

Pictures posted are not showing up .... :-s

viperp2pt0

Reaction score
Guys, not to burst your bubble...but I just wanted to bring up the fact that putting an HID bulb in a housing made for a halogen is dangerous to other drivers and illegal. Putting an HID bulb in a housing/reflector made for a halogen bulb changes the location of the source of light and 9007's are one of the worst.
The source of light on a halogen bulb is the filament, as we all know. This filament goes horizontally in the housing, and is a certain distance away from the rear of the reflector. HID bulbs utilize an arc to create their light source, which goes front to back, unlike the halogen filament. This changes the focal point of the headlight reflector and creates an unfocused beam, which produces TONS of glare, also known as 'useless light' which shines everywhere but the road. I know alot about this because I have a 9007 bi-xenon kit in my srt-4. Im not sure how the beam pattern in the jeep will be compared to the srt-4, but seeing as how they are both 9007's I assume it will be similar.
Just wanted to throw this out there and let you know. I cut down on my glare alot by making a custom casper shield for my bulb..but it is still pretty bad. You will blind all oncoming traffic. Just FYI

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
That can be a problem for sure.
I was going to ask how many people are out there that have done a HID conversion, get flashed (by others highbeams) on darker roads.

I would love to have HIDS in the lows, and not real worried about the highs as I have 150 Watt KC's beside the neadlights, those light up everything in thier path...

So, I quess... How many oncoming drivers are getting pissed with the HIDS ?

Thanks